It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2007, 04:23 AM   #1
(male)

Bigeagle HB User
Question Thorasic Back Pain

I have been dealing with pain in my thorasic spine for a number of years. I have had the drug treatments, steroids (which threw my diabeties off) and radio frequency.

I have several bone spurs along the thorasic spine and herniated disc as well as deterioration of the vertibra. I am at the point where I can no longer do the physical labor that I used to do and enjoy. It seems that trying to be grandpa to my two grandchildren takes all the strength I can muster. The pain is so bad that there are times I can not eat.

The pinched nerve in the thorasic spine gives me ever sign of a heart attack. Pain along the nck and jaw radiating down the arm, I feel like I have an elephant on my chest at times, I am not talking about ever now and again I am talking like 60+% of the time. I don't feel it as bad when I am drugged up, but whio can function on that mess.

I am looking for answers. HELP PLEASE... Suggestions any thing

Old 07-19-2007, 06:22 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Round1 HB User
Re: Thorasic Back Pain

Hello Big Eagle,

Welcome,

Welcome to "the land of Spiney Problems", you have found a great site, with lots of people hear to offer some advice and share their stories.

Just wondering have you seen a Neuro/Ortho Surgeon? have you had CT scans, or MRI's, or do you attend a pain management clinic/doctor?
If you havent I think you should make a start and see exactly what the problem is. Its the route we all have to go down when we can't take anymore pain, and believe you me there is alot of pain here on this forum. Each case is different, everyones pain level is different and so is the healing process.

If you havent done the above I really think you should, it is all very fine to be tanked up on medication, but unfortunately if the meds worked there would be no need for the surgeons !!!

Look forward to hearing from you.

Round 1

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2007, 03:43 AM   #3
(male)

Bigeagle HB User
Re: Thorasic Back Pain

Yes I have had MRI's CT Scans etc... Pain Management and Orthopedic Surgeons.

The surgeons tell me that where my spurs are it is impractical to operate, because they would hve to go through the chest cavity, removing the heart and lungs just to get to the area. I have found no one that can offer any other solution.

Radio Frequency treatments help some, but never last more that a month or so and the Pain Management Doctor that administers them says that they are not ment to be used repeatedly. ???? I am scheduled for my Fourth Radio frequency Treatment next week.

Hopefully I can get some releif at least temporary releif.

Closed Thread