It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2007, 09:32 AM   #1
(male)

hankly HB User
Angry Could somebody explain this in laymens terms? Please and thank you.

This is a newer mri with many changes from last year, Now my legs ache and the right one gives out now and then. Impression 1 Interval development of a small left paracentral herniation,t11-t12 level, with mild thecal sac effacement and left foramen narrowing. 2. Prior Posterior spinal fusion l5-s1 levels with radio-opaque hardware, creating signal loss in the phase encoding gradient related to bilateral pedicle screw at l5 and s1 levels with intervening longitudinal fixation rods, with stable alignment from the prior study. No evidence of hardware failure. 3. Diffusely buldging discs at l3-l4 and l4-l5 keveks wutg nire if a righ paracentral protrusion at the l4-l5 level. There is bilateral recess stenosis and foraminal narrowin at l3-l4 and l4-l5 levels, which are stable in the interim. 4. Mild central canal stenosis l3-l4 and l4-l5 levels with degenerative disk disease adn facet arthropy, which is stable from the prior study.

Last edited by hankly; 07-19-2007 at 03:13 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2007, 08:59 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kkmom HB User
Re: What does all this mean? Pain pain pain where is it comming from?

Hi Hankly, I am sorry I have no idea of what any of that means and I do not want to even try to interpret it. I am doing this also to bump up your thread so maybe someone will be able to interpret it for you good luck, I hope every thing will be ok.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2007, 01:38 PM   #3
(male)

hankly HB User

Where would I go to find out what this mri means? I know that my discs above the fusion are going since last years mri. Do we just get worse and worse as time goes on?

Last edited by hankly; 07-23-2007 at 05:22 PM. Reason: added to it

Old 07-20-2007, 04:58 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

You have quite a bit of stenosis and as a fellow spiney with spinal stenosis myself I know it alone can cause some pretty intense pain. What does your pain feel like i.e. throbbing, burning, nerve, electrical shocks, zaps, tingling, cramping? If you could describe your pain, I will share with you what my pain was like with stenosis.

I am so sorry you are hurting so badly, stenosis pain and nerve pain can be excrutiating.

Old 07-20-2007, 05:13 PM   #5
(male)

hankly HB User

i explained my pain in another post. it is so awesome that there are people in here that care to take the time to right back and don't even know you. Thank you all.

Old 07-21-2007, 05:55 PM   #6
(male)

hankly HB User

I have tried everthing under the sun for releif, I still use my back brace with ice underneith. It seems like when i have a flare up, something pushes me forward.

Last edited by hankly; 07-22-2007 at 05:36 AM.

Old 07-21-2007, 05:56 PM   #7
(male)

hankly HB User

I just started haveing muscle twitches all over my legs, i am not sure what that is about.Some tingling and some shocks. Also my right rod and hip are killing me and my legs ache so bad i cannot even stay on my feet for long. I think I did something because all this is new to me. I was hopeing it would go away. I usually just have the fusion site pain. Kinda feels like two discs are being crushed together with some nerves in between. When it gets really bad it goes across the back into the groin. I also had supposedly a torn gluteal muscle ball up the size of a gulf ball two times a month apart and boy did that hurt. My back always cracks and pops when I try and stretch forward. It's always changeing. They say that movement cannot injur your back but it seems even when i try and walk things get worse. Also my tailbone is very tender and so is the back, I put a lidocane patch on it and it helps that pain.

Last edited by hankly; 07-22-2007 at 05:31 AM. Reason: spelling

Old 09-01-2007, 02:03 PM   #8
(male)

hankly HB User

When it gets really bad it feels as though my back is broke everystep i take crushes at the fusion site across back into hips and mostly right groin. Also when I try and stretch forward my back pops alot and snaps. I feel like I go out of joint like 3 times a month and can barely move.

Old 09-01-2007, 02:07 PM   #9
(male)

hankly HB User

Could you please bump my thread up again I still haven't figured out what all this means.

Old 09-01-2007, 02:08 PM   #10
(male)

hankly HB User

Also it is like I have a set of **** on my hips and when I try and stretch sideways it pulls like i am ripping muscle.

Closed Thread