It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2007, 07:05 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

pooby HB Userpooby HB Userpooby HB Userpooby HB Userpooby HB Userpooby HB User
stride getting smaller

My problems are only being treated by pain management as I am an old fusion patient (28 yr ago) I have levels above my fusion gone and no one is going to touch me at this stage.

My question is this. Anyone else with walking problems have trouble taking a full step. My stride is very small. Even with two canes or walker my steps are getting smaller and smaller. I start out with a few almost normal size steps and then I tire quickly and my steps become very small. This is not due to pain although I do have pain in my back an legs it is simply the fact that I cannot move my legs forward in a larger step.

Anyone else develop this problem over time.

Old 07-20-2007, 08:28 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User
Re: stride getting smaller

Pooby,
i have same problem; i had my fusion 18 month ago and i walk with a cane due to nerve damage in my legs and feet. I get so tired so fast and it gets hard even to move my legs. Once in a while i would have a better day and i would walk somewhat faster and longer, but magority of my days are tough. I can't take full steps either. So sorry you have to go though this... I, personaly, would take this over pain anyway..
Best wishes to you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2007, 08:34 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kkmom HB User

Hey, even though imhave notmhad my fusion yet, i can relate to what you are saying. Its very hard for me to take large steps, i hope it gets easier for you.

Old 07-20-2007, 08:35 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

pooby HB Userpooby HB Userpooby HB Userpooby HB Userpooby HB Userpooby HB User

Unfortunately I got pain to go with this feature....lol But that is the way it goes and I am a lot older than most on here.
I am worried that perhaps my neck could be involved as I have a lot of arthritic changes there. I don't think so but it is always a much bigger worry than my lumbar spine where there is no spinal cord. A lot of posters don't realize that fact.

I have had limping and sciatica since my fusion so many years ago so this stuff isn't exactly new to me. But lately it has really disabled me and changed my ability to function on a daily basis.

Last edited by pooby; 07-20-2007 at 04:10 PM.

Closed Thread