It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2007, 12:33 AM   #1
(female)

DAVID110588 HB User
Re: Degenerative Disc Disease.....

The following M.D, findings are from 5 X-Rays taken on my lower back.

There are bulky anterior osteophytes spanning the T11 through L3 levels. There is disc interspace narrowing at these levels.

I have disc interspace narrowing in lumbar area which giving pressure on

nerves and cause pain on hips and legs. I receive 6 lumbar tractions by a

portable traction device. How many lumbar traction I need without damaging my lumbar or spine? Any other ways to reduce my problem? What kind doctors could help me? Physical medicine and rehab. and pain management doctors? I take anti-inflammatory drug SULINDAC 200 MG which causing my
stomatch very sour. Any herb medicine will have anti-inflammatory drugs
function?

I am 51 years old man.

Last edited by HBMod07; 07-21-2007 at 09:56 AM.

Old 07-21-2007, 12:43 AM   #2
(female)

DAVID110588 HB User

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="7"][/SIZE][/FONT] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"] What kind of doctor could help me?[/COLOR]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2007, 07:35 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User

Hi, degenerative disc disease sounds bad, but isn't necessarily bad for everyone. It can be a normal part of aging and usually starts in one's 20's or 30's, and sometimes there is genetic component to it. But it can affect everyone differently. Some people never have any pain or other issues from it, some develop severe disability. The gel-like substance of the discs dry out over time, which causes them to shrink, which causes the vertebrae to get closer together. When this happens, for some people, it causes too much stress on the surrounding spine joints (like the facet joints); for some, too much stress on these joints produces bony overgrowth and facet joint arthritis. The arthritis in itself can cause pain & inflammation; the bony overgrowth can end up pressing into surrounding nerves and blood vessels, causing even more pain, which can lead to spinal stenosis. Also, the degenerating discs can herniate and / or tear, causing the disc to press into nerves or causing the gel material inside the disc to leak out. Some people even have herniations that were found incidentally and have no pain whatsoever. So it all depends on many factors. And there are many different treatments to try over time. Of course surgery would be the last resort. And surgery will not cure arthritis pain, but it may help other pain such as nerve pain. And it is not true that they cant do fusion on more that a couple of levels. I even know a woman who had her entire spine fused, from lumbar up to the cervical spine. But she said she just waited too long, over 20 years with pain, etc...she had the same surgeon as I did. I met her in my physical therapy. It was a very long healing process for her, but she was doing so much better and had wished she hadnt waited soo long to get surgery. But again, surgery is a personal decision, completely up to you, and there is always that chance that it won't help or you could have worse pain than before.

Old 07-21-2007, 09:36 AM   #4
(female)

DAVID110588 HB User
Re: Lumbar Spinal Stenosis in My 30's

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="7"][/SIZE][/FONT] Does lumbar spinal stenosis is the same thing as ongoung lumbar degernative disease pain & sour as I suffered? I am 62 years old and I start to have pain and sour on my right hip and right leg. The interspace between disc in my lumbar are narrowing which giving nerves pressure and which cause inflammation, pain and sour down to hip and leg. I have had 6 lumnar traction from portable device and the strength is between 65 to 79 lbs, about half of my weight 155 lbs. I will take additional 4 lumbar tractions.

Anyone has lumbar traction?

How many pounds when you are in weight training ?

Closed Thread