It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2007, 04:44 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Round1 HB User
Round 2 - Hows the pain

Hi Round 2,

Just wondering how you are doing pain wise now, saw your earlier post.
Yesterday I started to have pain down in the buttock and down the back of my leg, it kind of just started shorthly after I doing my exercises, dont know what to think of it. I dont think I over did them as it trying to remember to do the exercises is the problem. Have PT again tomorrow so will run it by her.
I just find new pains appear and dissappear thank god just as fast, so hopefully this will be one of them. Just noticed from the board at about 8 weeks people are starting to feel more pain. I did 15 minutes on the threadmill and really didnt want to do anymore just encase, but I feel last week I was walking much more and feeling alot better for it. I think I am having a self pity week now !!! How are you doing, keep me posted? Raining here again.

Round 1

Old 07-25-2007, 03:32 PM   #2
(female)

round2 HB User
Re: Round 2 - Hows the pain

Hi Round1,

I went to the doctor today and explained the pain in my lower back, buttocks, He told me that I looked very good for a patient at 8 weeks, He said that the pain is just muscular and that he was astounded by the progress I have made . He said my fusion is healing very well and wants me to start PT on monday 3Xweek for 4 Weeks. He mentioned something about ultrasound therapy, did you ever have that done? Well enough about me how are you doing? Did the pain ease up a little? Well I have you in my thoughts and prayers always.

Denise

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2007, 07:10 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Round1 HB User
Re: Round 2 - Hows the pain

Yep had that done a few years ago when I went to PT. To be totally honest, PT never worked for me with my back, the more they made me move the more pain and crocked I became. I am now doing my PT with a view of yes the pain isnt the same and I need to get those muscles to support me!!!

Anyway had my 3rd visit today, off the oxycontin since saturday without any major setbacks so she was delighted. I am more interested however in stretching my hours up. today I got up at 8.20 went to physio and went to lye down at 13.00 got up at 2.15 and did 15 minutes on the threadmill and now here at computer. I dont really count my exercises as up time even though everyone is saying of course I should !!! but to me I am on my back lying down. Things are improving I would be lying if I said they werent but I just find it mentally and physcially draining and very slow progress, I just cant see how I could be back at work now, when I read other posts I just wonder if I am doing as good as I should, and no-one is saying I should be better. Changed the car on tuesday and the clutch is nice and light so hopefully tomorrow I will be having coffee stops at every shopping centre I see !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Round 1

Closed Thread