It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2007, 08:07 PM   #1
(female)

scrumb HB User
Spinal Cord Stimulator Side Effects

Does anyone with a Spinal Cord Stimulator have any bad side effects? I've have one that works great for the leg pain caused by the nerve damage in my back. I've had it for 3 years now. The problem is it makes my back hurt in a way it never did before.
Has anyone noticed any other changes? I've noticed a short temper, frustration and depression. Don't know if it is the SCS or something else. I would really like to hear what others have experienced.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2007, 05:36 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User
Re: Spinal Cord Stimulator Side Effects

Hi--I just got the Medtronic stim in June. I have new pain as well..My big toe never hurt until I got this , and under my toes hurt..Plus the pain under my rib on the left side (back). I may have to have the paddle lead put down lower on my nerve , it's not reaching my feet. I havent experienced any new depression or anger , maybe frustration ? I been pretty depressed for a while over this back issue.

What brand do you have ? It has helped with the pain in my calf /lower leg but the hip pain and feet is still horrible when I walk .

Shawley

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2007, 09:04 AM   #3
(female)

mcarr36 HB User
Re: Spinal Cord Stimulator Side Effects

[QUOTE=scrumb;3129804]Does anyone with a Spinal Cord Stimulator have any bad side effects? I've have one that works great for the leg pain caused by the nerve damage in my back. I've had it for 3 years now. The problem is it makes my back hurt in a way it never did before.
Has anyone noticed any other changes? I've noticed a short temper, frustration and depression. Don't know if it is the SCS or something else. I would really like to hear what others have experienced.[/QUOTE]

Hi, I have the advanced bionics stim. I have had it for almost a year. My doctor said that after a few years I may not respond to the stimulation as much because the brain can figure out new pain pathways. My frustration and depression is caused by chronic pain. I am having new leads put in next month (lead migration). The stim works well for my arm pain but not for my neck and shoulder. Can you ask for a CAT scan to see if you are having new issues? Take it easy, Mcarr

Closed Thread