It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2007, 02:59 PM   #1
(female)

Tulip15 HB User
Nothing is working anymore/Meds/Ice/Heat

I've had it, since I've been back from vacation, my back is worse, it's painful to sit, stand, walk, lay, you name it I can't do it. My meds aren't working anymore, so I figure why take them anyways. I have not quite 3 more weeks to wait until my nerve ablation is done.
So fed up and disgusted with these back issues already, I'm now getting a lot of burning into my leg and hip, and it's driving me crazy.
My nights are a mess, I wake up so many times in pain that I can't find a comfortable spot to lay.
I just don't know what to do, for those of you that don't remember I'm dealing with L4-5, L5-S1 issues, I have a ton of bone spurs, disk bulges, and disk degeneration going on, and I think it's getting worse.

So here I am my quality of life is being affected and I'm sick of it, this is how it was before when my neck go so bad and my disk collapsed it was unbearable, I'm at my wits end, pain just doesn't go away.

I just needed to vent, and knew that you all would understand.
Thanks for listening.
Tulip15

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2007, 05:29 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User
Re: Nothing is working anymore/Meds/Ice/Heat

Tulip--I wish you could have your thing done faster..It stinks to have to live with that much pain. If it gets to bad go into your ER . I done that once and slept like a baby. i don't know what they gave me ( 5 injections) but it knocked me out...Sure hope you get some relief soon.

Shawley

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2007, 07:24 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Tulip I am sorry you are hurting so bad and pray that you find comfort soon. If you pain meds are not covering the pain, you might want to call and let your doctor know. It might make them move the ablation up sooner.

Good luck.

Old 08-12-2007, 11:09 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

bwitht HB User

Tulip,

I am so sorry you are having such a time of it. Vacations are supposed to make you feel better, not worse. I too hope you can get the ablation sooner. I will keep you in my prayers.

Old 08-13-2007, 01:10 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

sherry1 HB User

Hi Tulip

Welljoin the club!!

I have had constant chronic back pain day and night for the last 2 years and still havent been diagnosed with why!

I have tried so many meds that have never touched the pain that basically i have given up.
I went onto Morphine recently and it did nothing.

Thats when i decided 'Well if Morphine doesnt touch it then it must be bad' so what else is there that can help?

I have an appointment with my consultant next week who hopefully hasnt made a ****-up with my MRI results this time round so should have a diagnosis at last!

Best wishes an keep fighting!

Last edited by sherry1; 08-13-2007 at 01:11 AM.

Old 08-13-2007, 12:16 PM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User

Sherry, Tulip and other spineys - don't give up, please. Just go and search for answers. What one Doctor may not see - the other one can order more tests and will find what is the problem. Just remember: if you in pain - your body tells you something. Longer you wait - more problems can occure, not to mention quality of your life.
I posted earlier that i had MRI done localy and radiologist here never mentioned inlarged nodes and fluid in a lung in his report; shortly after i had this done in NYC and radiologist there picked this up and told me that it looks is there for a while!!! So see what can happen?
I hope you will find the answers for yourselves and it will ease your pain...

Old 08-13-2007, 03:47 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

kkmom HB User

Tulip, I am sorry to hear that you are feeling so bad right now, I hope you feel better soon.

Old 08-13-2007, 04:26 PM   #8
(female)

Tulip15 HB User

I called my pain doc. today and of course as usual had to leave a message, so I let them know how bad my pain was with all the pain meds I'm on, and no one has called me back, so another sleepless night will be upon me, I told them that I wanted a phone call back today, and if not today definitely tomorrow, cause I cannot go to many more days like this.

It just all really stinks, and not sleeping well is starting to get to me, I don't know how I'm functioning, but I am, someone somewhere must be helping me out in that department.
I'll let you all know how it goes.
Tulip15

Old 08-14-2007, 05:40 AM   #9
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

Sorry Tulip for your problems , I know how frustrating these doctors can be. I called Friday for meds for my surgery and left a message for them to return my call but they never did ,so Monday I called again and they said the Dr. is on Vacation that I should of called Friday . so all I have is Hydrocodone for pain. There not very nice huh ?

Closed Thread