It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2007, 06:09 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User
Anyone here get the hotspots or sensation of heat in legs/feet

I have had what I call a hotspot which is a sensation of heat in my feet come & gos, In paticulair if I do not take my meds or don't take them in time. I used to get like maybe a quarter size burning sensation on my thigh all the time when this problem first started, before anyone found out it was related to the neck/back area. Dr's always look at me funny when I tell them, they assume the problem may be in the neck/upper back, and I have so many symptoms in the lower back to(hip leg &so on..) these sensations of heat or strange all I can think of is it is comming from a nerve? Anyone else here with this? Thanks Sammy

Old 08-17-2007, 06:20 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Arthr Itis HB User
Re: Anyone here get the hotspots or sensation of heat in legs/feet

Hi Sammy, I don't recall getting hot spots but I get all kinds of weird sensations. Like part of my foot gets numb then goes to pain then another spot maybe even on the other foot does the same. The same thing goes for my hands and various other parts of me. My doctors are beginning to look at me like I'm nuts. In fact I just got a copy of my rheumy's report to the primary doc. He stressed the fact that I've had a rough couple of years, wife died of lung cancer, left the work force due to chronic back pain, etc. It's like he's hinting that my weird pains might be mental? Fred

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2007, 06:56 AM   #3
(male)

MarkP79 HB User

I get them too, usually in the back of my calf muscle. I would assume its coming from the nerve inpingement. I will bring this up today with the ortho. doc I am going to see (first time).

Old 08-17-2007, 07:51 AM   #4
(female)

Bzzzzerk9 HB User

I get burning sensations on the bottom of my foot. I also sometimes get a freezing cold sensation yet my foot isn't cold to the touch. I was told these are symptoms of nerve problems.

Old 08-17-2007, 03:55 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User

Hi, i've had all sorts of parasthesias ranging from buzzing, pins & needles, electric pain, shock like sensations in my legs and feet when I had disc tears & herniations and some of these sensations with lumbar stenosis. But i've also had hot spot sensations on other areas of my body, such as my hands, arms, neck, and my entire back. Many times they are tiny areas, almost and it's as if someone is taking one needle and poking it real quick in one little spot, then it jumps to another little spot. Sometimes it feels icy hot like it's realllly cold but hot at the same time. I think the first this happend to me (many years ago) it started on my arms. I was outside on a clear sunny day, and first I thought it was raining or something, but it wasnt and no one else felt anything. Other times I've gotten this feeling all over my back and other areas. IT doesnt last long ,though , but it feels weird. I am pretty sure it must be nerve related.

The Following User Says Thank You to Baybreeze For This Useful Post:
amelie82 (09-10-2011)
Old 08-17-2007, 06:53 PM   #6
(male)

spineman HB User

I get the opposite. My right leg and foot feels like it is in a bucket of ice water all day. While I was home on disability from surgery I would go out on the deck when it was 90 deg just to feel like my leg was getting some warmth. I also get terrible aching in the leg. doctor says it was from the stenosis and time will tell if it is permanent or not.

Old 08-17-2007, 07:30 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

[QUOTE=spineman;3161933]I get the opposite. My right leg and foot feels like it is in a bucket of ice water all day. While I was home on disability from surgery I would go out on the deck when it was 90 deg just to feel like my leg was getting some warmth. I also get terrible aching in the leg. doctor says it was from the stenosis and time will tell if it is permanent or not.[/QUOTE]

Very Interesting. I experience this frequently and I climb into the hot tub to warm up my foot.

Old 08-18-2007, 06:47 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User

I have had my left foot feel ice cold also with my last bout of sciatica. Even though it was numb and it was hard to feel where I was putting my foot, sometimes it would ice cold also. If I remember correctly, i think the cold feeling only lasted a couple days. But is sure seems all of these things are related to nerve compression.

Old 08-18-2007, 08:51 AM   #9
(male)

saversano HB User

oh yeah , before my surgery my calf would get so hot I could have fried an egg on it ...Ahh the good ole days ...

Old 08-19-2007, 01:51 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

Thanks to all of you, interesting, I know it has to be nerve related, keep sharing. Sammy

Old 08-19-2007, 11:03 PM   #11
(female)

Military Mama HB User

I get hot spots in my back, feel like my arm or legs are going to sleep (pins and needles) and sometimes feel like I've just been stung by a bee in my rib. The worst "pain" I have isn't even pain at all. It's just an incredible sensation that I need to stretch and no amount of stretching will stop the feeling. (After a day or two, that become worse torture than a broken bone. Frankly, I'd rather have the flu!)

And, yes, the docs look at me like I'm a nut when I tell them these things. I'm not a doctor, but even I know that nerve pain can be weird. (The strangest one I get is where I fee like I'm being stuck my a sharp pin in my right thigh *and* in my right side at the same time. I guess everything's connected.)

I have no idea why doctors have such a hard time understanding these things; but you must know that it's *them*, not *you* and you're not the only one.

I did find that that kind of pain was helped, for me, by Gabapentin. (Don't know if I spelled that right.) Sadly, I couldn't take that med for long due to side-effects. Now I just ice my entire spine for 20 minutes and take a codeine and 800mg ibuprophen when things get bad.

Old 08-20-2007, 05:47 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Military Mama, thanks & yes I get those looks to, but hey I sure know when my foot feels like it is on fire, the strangest thing. Thanks so much, SAmmy

Old 01-11-2008, 08:13 AM   #13
Inactive
(female)

Stphanie1 HB User

so many people experience this but noone knows what it is or what might be causing it?!

Old 01-16-2008, 12:02 PM   #14
(male)

milwood353 HB User

I have not had the burning in my right foot/heel since I had the first of 6 ESI last year. I always knew it was going to start burning right after the center of my lumber area would get ICE COLD (but normal to touch) and my groin/inner thighs, right calf would ache so bad I just wanted to lock my self in my bedroom and not see or hear anything. I don't have the burning sensations but I still have the ach if I walk or sit for period of time.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:45 AM   #15
(female)

hrosie HB User

i have similar pains yet mine last fior acouple of hours
ssymmtoms; sharp pains, prikiling even , cold sensation feels like its my bone thats aching oddly....i can't even sleep until it goes away usally around 2-4 a.m it stops...

i try to put hotpacks under my calves but it only slows down the pain alittle...
help?!?

Closed Thread