It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2007, 03:18 PM   #1
(male)

mldman75 HB User
Need help!!! lower back pain with constant heel pain both feet!!

Hello, I was hoping someone could help. I have been diagnosed with a herniated L4,L5 disc. Also with some type of arthritis is this area of lower back. I have had a radio frequency burn that did help with side to side bending, but I can hardly bend forward and the longer I am on my feet the more my lower back hurts and both my heels. I have had 7 injections in last six months none of this has helped Doc. does not think that the disc is pushing on nerves?? I think other wise. I was hoping some one could help with my symptoms. (Severe lower back pain center, radiating to hips, with shocking sensation shooting to the front of left thigh, severe pain in both heels. Which gets extremely worse the longer i am on feet.) Current meds. Lyrica and Tramadol, neither seem to be helping. HELP PLEASE!!!!!

Old 09-02-2007, 06:00 PM   #2
(male)

avglenn HB User
Re: Need help!!! lower back pain with constant heel pain both feet!!

I have similar symptoms. My feet hurt real bad after being on them for any length of time, and by the end of the day Im toast. I do notice that the pain starts from my heals then radiate to the bottoms of my feet. I have pain/ weakness in both legs too. My NS says both L4/L5, L5/S1 discs are ddd. He says I need a 2 level lumbar fusion. I denied having it at the time ( 1 year ago) but now Im thinking twice. Its getting worse where Im having a tough time walking, and of course sitting isnt good either. I take Lyrica & Norco to help with the pains. Sometimes a muscle relaxer too. I have gained weight since being on the Lyrica which doesnt help matters. I hope this helps in any way.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2007, 12:44 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Chris54 HB User

I have heel pain now from standing and from my feet swelling. The doctors can't determine where the swelling is coming from. The heel pain is from nerve damage or nerve impingement. I am now 2 years post op from a double fusion. Levels l4-S1. I still have constant lower back pain and leg pain. I had the three series of epiderals that seemed to make my back worse. The first PT I had moved the vertebres around and it seemed to help for about a year. I wish you luck on finding help with your pain. There are no quick answers. I hope they find something for this back pain for all of us.

Old 09-03-2007, 04:24 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

I think this pain is quite common for the L4, L5, S1 levels and I also can sit or stand or walk for long periods of time.

Personally, I think you should seek a second opinion because this pain definitely sounds like nerve pain and you need to get to the root of the problem.

Good luck and I praying that you find some relief soon.

Old 09-03-2007, 07:05 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User

Hi, youre pain sounds very similar to what I recently had. I had severe lower back pain deep inside the spine, bad muscles spasms radiating out to each side, severe nerve pains that radiated into both hips and groin area. It was as if my upper body was placed onto my hips and was crushing it or something. However, I did not have the pain in my heels. I did not go see my doc for it, but I knew from experience it must be one or more herniations. Thankfully it seems to have shrunk back on its own and I no longer have that horrible nerve pain, and no more spasms. I have some pain in my hips, but it's little and bearable (though it still bothers me if I walk around too long...but it was like this before the herniations).

Now before this happened, I had heriations back in March (large herniations in L3-L4 and L4-L5 and bulges in L1-L2 and L5-S1), turned out my nerve pain back then was coming from L5 b/c the nerve block at L5 worked. So maybe one of these reherniated again or maybe one of the bulges from then herniated this time.

If you have had no luck with meds or injections, I would also suggest you get another opionion. If you are in that much pain, something sure is causing it.

Old 09-03-2007, 08:41 AM   #6
(male)

mldman75 HB User
Cool Re: Need help!!! lower back pain with constant heel pain both feet!!

Thanks I appreciate all the feed back. I think I will take the advice and get a second opinion. I have an appointment with current pain doc this friday will see what else he has to say and move forward from there. Too all I hope everyone can find some type of relief. I will keep you all posted as time rolls on. Thanks.

Old 09-03-2007, 07:15 PM   #7
(male)

mldman75 HB User

If I do have nerve pinched or compressed nerves is that laser surgery a good thing to do or has anyone done that or heard of it. avglenn is that something that has been offered to you? Any how thanks, just trying to survive feeling lost in a world of pain!!!

Old 09-04-2007, 04:38 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User

My messed up level is L5S1. My suggestion is to look up dermatone charts so you know your not crazy lol. One level can put pains all over. Before my surgery I wanted to cut off my feet with a chain saw on some days..or atleast I thought I did lol.

But I would be concerned that youve had so many injections so close together. I am pretty sure you aren't suppose to have more than three a year.

Old 09-04-2007, 05:11 AM   #9
(male)

mldman75 HB User

Yeah I know about the chain saw thoughts!!!LOL. Also my pain doc's assistant said same thing one day when my doc was out and the assistant seen me, he was like man youve had alot of shots over a short period of time. That freaked me out!!!! So you had surgery yvette777? And what kind did you have? Thanks.

Old 09-04-2007, 07:59 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User

mldman, I have the heel pain too. It started about 2 weeks ago. I have herniated discs L4-L5 and have been waiting for treatment for 2 1/2 years thanks to workmanscomp. Surgery was recommended a year ago and I finally just saw the surgeon I picked last week who of course now wants a new cat scan so again I wait. I get the thigh pain, the pain down the sides and back of my legs. The heel pain is worse when I am in bed. They ache and burn. I am so sick of this and being jerked around like I don't matter.

Old 09-04-2007, 08:12 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Mel -- that is the exact pain I live with everyday. Who would have every thought laying down would be so painful.

Old 09-04-2007, 08:49 PM   #12
(male)

mldman75 HB User

Yeah nobody can understand what its like to have your heels on fire and aching and you arent even on them!!! Mel I hope when you do have the surgery it goes well. I am talking to my pain doc about surgery when I see him again. After he performs a discogram to make sure.

Old 09-05-2007, 07:06 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User

I had tlif spinal fusion on L5S1. But now the burning and pains in legs and feet are returning, hopefully it goes away.....eeekkkk....I dont' know whats going on here. I thought when they took out the bad disc and fused my spondy that it would be better.

Old 10-07-2009, 10:17 AM   #14
(female)

nrcitygal HB User
heel pain from L4-L5?

I am reading you alls posts and wondering where to go from here.

I have disc degeneration and a disc bulge on L4-L5 as well as something called psuedoarthrosis?
Anyway my only real symptom is heel pain on both legs, - nerve pain like pins and needles. I have been to 4 or 5 docs and now have referrals to a neurosurgeon (she didnt say WHY she was referring me to him) and also to a neurologist. Which doc should I see first?

the copays themselves are becoming expensive. They also want to fit me with an orthotic but I dont want to spend that money if its related to my back.

I have a questino - those that have the heel pain....are your heels sensitive and sore to the touch - like when you press on areas?

I dont know if its foot related or back related. I'm thinking that diagnostically it might help to do a epidural steroid injection int he back and if it helps THEN I know its back.

im 29 and it sucks to not be able to walk or stand for long....

thanks for listening and I appreciate feedback so much

T H

Closed Thread