It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2007, 11:18 AM   #1
(male)

apartipilo HB User
Dr.Rudolf Bertagnoli-- anyone heard of him????

Can anyone tell me about this surgeon? Apparently he works out of Germany and highly specialized in artificial discs, even above or below an existing lumbar fusion. Anyone have this done?? I'm wondering how much money am I looking at for a surgery of this kind in Germany, give or take a few thousand??

Old 09-14-2007, 11:26 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User
Re: Dr.Rudolf Bertagnoli-- anyone heard of him????

I have heard someone mention his name here before . I would think the flight to Germany itself would be expesnsive let alone the surgery..

Has your Dr. suggested this to you ? What's wrong with your spine ?

Sorry I can't answer your question but I'm sure someone will chime in.

Shawley

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2007, 05:48 PM   #3
(male)

apartipilo HB User

Yes. I've heard great things about him. Apparently he does very innovative things with good results-- such as artificial discs above OR below fusions-- I heard that this was not usually done-- most surgeons just EXTEND the fusions above or below but he puts in artificial discs instead. I've also heard that he can reverse the fusion and then puts in an artificial disc, restoring the mobility of that segment.

Old 01-22-2008, 08:22 AM   #4
(male)

Scott19 HB User

I am new to this forum so I apologize...if it's too late. He, Dr. Bertagnoli, was my surgeon for a 3 level ADR, lumbar in July, 2006. According to posting rules, I guess I need to be careful about remarks or recommendations. He is one of the best in the world however.

Scott19

Old 01-22-2008, 09:51 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User

My dear friend leaves in Bonne, she is Neurologist, MD. She told me about him and about amount of safisticated research was done by him. Actually as many of us know Germany leads in medical research in a world.
I read of him on some good websites, but due to rules i can't tell you about them. But you can do a lot of him and also he has books about his latest research. I saw them in a book store, you can by them over Internet too.

Money wise, i have no idea. Just now that $$ now is much cheaper than Euro... But I still would call and talk to his assistant to get more info.
Best of luck to you.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:41 AM   #6
(male)

kpnpd51 HB User

Dr. Bertagnoli replaced two discs in my lumbar region - prodiscs - one above and one below a fusion - best thing I ever did - he is a great Dr. for this procedure and the facility was outstanding. Good luck

Old 05-07-2012, 07:27 PM   #7
(female)

sparisi HB User

Dr. Bertagnoli performed surgery on my 74 year old Aunt who went to Germany just so he could do the procedure. He is GREAT and the worlds leading expert. I was going to go but ended up going to Cedars-Sinai instead. My insurance covered 90 plus percent and I am doing great. Dr. Delamarter, John Liu, and or Avrom Gart are just as good. I researched a year before. Your cost is about 45,000 out of your pocket. My Aunt is a nurse and said they only down side was the lack of Post Op Rehab.

Old 12-08-2012, 09:18 AM   #8
(female)

lauren68 HB User
Unhappy Re: Dr.Rudolf Bertagnoli-- anyone heard of him????

[QUOTE=apartipilo;3208749]Can anyone tell me about this surgeon? Apparently he works out of Germany and highly specialized in artificial discs, even above or below an existing lumbar fusion. Anyone have this done?? I'm wondering how much money am I looking at for a surgery of this kind in Germany, give or take a few thousand??[/QUOTE]

i had surgery with him, spent all the money I had (which was wired to his illegal offshore account), and my spine is ruined forever. Many complications and I am now left in more pain than I was before the surgery. He and his minions working state-side say a high success rate. It is as low as a fusion. I will have to file for disability after a thriving career. This man destroyed my life and the lives of many others. I have personally spoken to them. Do not see him from the states. Too risky.

The following user gives a hug of support to lauren68:
workinmom572 (12-08-2012)
Reply Reply