It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2007, 05:55 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

kkmom HB User
Angry I am scared, I dont want to deal with this again!!!!

Guys, I am in a major flare up right now, I thought this crap was over for me. I was moving in such a good direction and I am in the process of fighting to get back to work. I dont know if its the weather here or if I reinjured doing something stupid. I admit I did alot of lifting, twisting and all during the time I moved. I dont see my work comp doc until Oct. 3 and the last visit she was so proud of my sucess she had tears in her eyes. But, now as I sit here from buttock, hip to ankle with toe numbness I am in terrible pain. I took motrin, but I am scared I am going to have to pull something else out. Problem is doc dc'd all my nerve meds due to weight gain, etc, and i know pain meds dont help with nerve pain. Heat, ice and all I am trying. I just wonder with this so called piriformis syndrome will I ever get completely better and not have my left leg lock up on me. I refuse to pull out that cane again, I dont want to go back from where I came, its too depressing. Sorry guys just venting. Thanks for reading, also does anyone on here have piriformis syndrome? And did it happen right after your back injury?

Old 09-22-2007, 06:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User
Re: I am scared, I dont want to deal with this again!!!!

Awww, kk, I'm sorry this happened after you were doing so well. I know I cant make your pain go away, but I pray it gets better quick! You might have aggravated something by doing too much, after all, I've learned it doesn't really take anything for me to herniate my discs (tho I see you have piriformis....but maybe you did herniate...). What is the weather like there? I am getting joint aches today and it's humid out again. I even get a tad of nerve pain in my hips today and I know others have noticed they feel worse in the humidity. Is it humid by you or is there a storm rolling in?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2007, 06:03 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

kk - sending hugs to you. I am so sorry. Remember your question earlier about seeing the surgeon? I think you have just answered that question....you need to have him evaluate everything again.

Do you have any of your pain meds left? I would take one and chill watching a dvd or two with your dd for the remainder of the weekend and hopefully by Monday things will look a little brighter.

Don't be scared....have no fear.....we are here for you!!

Last edited by ms_west; 09-22-2007 at 06:03 PM.

Old 09-22-2007, 11:08 PM   #4
(female)

lisa3451 HB User

kk, Please be careful!! your restrictions that were posted on your other thread apply to home life as well as work. I would not let your dr. or insurance know about your "move". They could try to deny further treatment based on non-compliance. I am not implying that you are, I just don't want to see you get hurt and you know how the insurance w/c can be. I know how you feel, every now and then I think I might be getting better and then wham! right between the eyes. hang in there!!!
Lisa

Old 09-23-2007, 06:54 AM   #5
(female)

WalksGINGERly HB User

KKmom,

Sorry to hear of your set back. I was wondering how you were doing , especially since last time you posted you were doing so well. I guess it is not uncommon to regress, as i am finding out in my ordeal with this debilitating problem. I was thinking of you because On Sept 10, 2 weeks ago I also suffered a severe flareup, and have been house bound once again in 10+ pain and an inability to walk or sit once again. I have become so discouraged and it caused a major depressive episode for me as this problem as affected my life in such as negative way. I have si/joint,piriformis syndrome, tendonitis of the hip, sciatica of the right leg for 2 years. I also have a herniated disk at l5-s1.
My past experience has been I have never ever been truly out of pain ever, with my 10" pain 2 years ago being releived only by a chiro who found that the hip flexors and other muscles in the butt lock up. This recent flare up happened while I was at my sons home and felt a sharp stab in the right hip and the pain immediately shot up and wrapped around the hip, butt and down the leg. I was unable to drive home as I couldnt use my right leg, had to ice up in bed and took percocet for the first time ever, I havent driven since and am once again housebound. This is week three of this flareup.
I did go back to the chiro and he worked on the hip flexors so i could lift the leg but the inflammation is so bad, I am in so much pain still. He gave me a tens unit to use at home. it gives some releif. Not sure what the cure for all of this is. It seems to me like it is permanent. I read somewhere that if piriformis pain is around after 12 months , you may have permanent damage.

Ginger

Old 09-23-2007, 10:46 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

kkmom HB User

Thanks guys for listening to my complaints once again, I thought I was through with that. Thanks also for the advice to all of you. Bay yes the weather did change out here, we had a rain storm for 2 days and my house is cold, I have hard wood floors and since I moved here, even though the manager cleaned the heater out, every time I turn it on it causes the fire alarm to go off, its like 60 degress here so you know for cali thats cold. Pepper you are right I need to go ahead and see that surgeon just to have more test or something, because something is not right. I mean this leg pain is for the birds, you cant even sit on the toilet! Ginger how did they diagnose your s1 joint and pirformis? I do no that piriformis syndrome is something the docs just say when they cant fiqure out whats wrong, but I wonder do I have that s1 joint issue. It looks like I might be on pain meds forever..........I hope you all feel better and thanks for responding. I see the chiro tomorrow and I cant wait, I need his help fast!!!!

Old 09-23-2007, 10:49 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

kkmom HB User

Lisa, you are right, and you know what I had told my w/c doc about the move with my stupid self, but I did tell her I could not or did not help with the moving. I guess maybe I did over do it and I am suffering from it now. I mean the pain never left but was tolerable, now its intolerable almost cant take it. Thanks alot

Old 09-24-2007, 03:29 AM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User

KK,
you disapointed me, girl! :-) I was so happy for you after your last post, thinking that you are on a way to full recovery and a new life...
I know how it feels: you get better days and you feel like that is it, I am doing better! And than you go back to square one. So sorry, this is so harsh after all what you are being through!
Make sure you go and see your Dr and let him know what is going on with you, take your meds if you still have them, because when you in so much pain life seems so hopeless. But I'm sure there are a hope for you out there, believe me.
Good luck to you, and here is (((( )))) for you.

Old 09-24-2007, 04:50 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User

I know how you feel, I had been doing so well to and it all went to crap, its depressing to say the least, I totally understand. Now they have me triple medicated it feels like, oxy 40 mg twice a day, 2 lortabs every four hours, cymbalta, valium four times a day and lyrica three times a day. They said I dont' need my brain anyway I need a full week of absolute bed rest no walking nothing. This sucks.

Old 09-24-2007, 05:33 AM   #10
(female)

lisa3451 HB User

yvette, sorry to hear your doing so bad, hope you get to feeling better soon. I would be a zombie if I took that many meds, but you have to do what you need to get through it.
Lisa

Closed Thread