It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2007, 07:00 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

GCC HB User
Magnesium "cured" my back/shoulder/neck pain.

I just wanted to pass this along...

I was tested for magnesium and it was found that my level was low. I started supplementing with magnesium.

Within 24 hours... the late afternoon back/neck & shoulder pain I often had went away.

Try doing a web search...magnesium back pain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2007, 07:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User
Re: Magnesium "cured" my back/shoulder/neck pain.

Hi, i'm glad it helped with your pain. I had tried that myself in hopes that was my problem, but unfortunately, magnesium didnt help at all. I also tried zinc, calcium, supplements, b supplements, and lots of bananas. But my spasms were due to mechanical problems, not a mineral deficiency. But for those whom it is just a deficiency, it's a very simple fix and it appears will cure you of any pain related to the deficiency.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2007, 08:59 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

I never really relized the full impact of just having low mag was til my son,while in liver failure,had it.wow.he had actual muscle contortions,not just 'spasms'.his hand actually had these really snappy like contortions.he had absolutley no control over his hand movements at all.it was unreal watching this for like ten minutes before i called his doc since they obviously were not going to stop on their own.just freaky.we ended up going back down to the old ER and when they ran his labs again(the week before it had been low potassium) now it was very dangerously low mag.once they started him on mag ox 400,they went away completely and we never saw them again.it was really crazy tho,all just because of a low mag level.found out the hard way just how very important mag and potassium are to regulating muscle control.glad you found some relief with mag.

just an FYI here for ya but taking hot baths with a cup of epsom salts really can do wonders for muscle stuff.it is just granulated mag.it dissolves in the water and it gets absorbed right thru the skin and into the sore/crampy/spasmy muscles.this helps alot with my severe leg spasticity i have just from SCI.it does work well for me,espescially right before bed.just a suggestion.marcia

Old 09-24-2007, 05:26 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User

Thank you very much for sharing this with us. I wish it to be so easy for all us...
I know for sure that Mgn difficiency can cause muscle crums, muscle pain, etc. But unfortunately does nothing for spinal or any arthritic pain.
Happy for you and have a pain free life in a future too!!

Old 09-24-2007, 05:42 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User

Hey at this point in life most of us will try most anything, thanks

Closed Thread