It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2007, 08:30 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

dp1234 HB User
Acupuncture for neck and low back pain? will it help?

Endlessly waiting for treatments from work comp and so much time has passed, i read an article today, that acupuncture can help more then traditional medical treatment for back pain.
Has anyone tried acupuncture? did it help you get rid of neck and low back pain? how long did it help?

Last edited by moderator2; 09-25-2007 at 09:41 AM. Reason: posted commercial website

Old 09-25-2007, 08:37 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

tsohl HB User
Re: Acupuncture for neck and low back pain? will it help?

I think it really depends on what is causing the pain.

I have used accupuncture for lower lumbar problems. While it makes me feel more comfortable for a brief period of time, it has no long-lasting effect...but my problems are structural so I don't see how it could help, long-term.

Also it is not a fast-acting treatment. It usually takes a course of treatment to even determine if it is going to help.

I have used accupuncture for other ailments and find it very interesting and enjoyable. If you haven't tried it, you might want to. It is very relaxing. Just be sure to go to someone who knows what they're doing and isn't trying to talk you into a long series of treatments, or a contract.

Tsohl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2007, 08:40 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

I believe IBAKE&PRAY uses it and it has helped her.

I have thought about doing it and mentioned it to my surgeon and he just said it couldn't hurt to try it.

Old 09-25-2007, 05:45 PM   #4
(female)

mewcamaro HB User

I had the trigger point injections with acupuncture for my lower back as well as the edpidural injections....none of those worked for me..but everyone is different

mew

Old 09-26-2007, 11:30 AM   #5
(female)

jinks66 HB User

I've been asking the exact same question.

I'm still suffering after two operations, but have put off going before as i believe that if there's something mechanically wrong its not going to fix it (although of course it may relieve the pain in the mean time). My analogy was always (to well-meaning friends who think surgery is always bad!) if you've got a finger trapped in the door, that all sorts of things can help with the pain, help you to relax, may speed the eventual recovery, or enable you to adapt to having that door there, but you need to get that door off the finger to solve the problem!

So, if this latest op turns out to have been successful, and that what I feel now is simply the nerve recovering, I'll certainly be giving it a shot.

Thanks for posting this, I'm interested in the reponses.
Jinks

Old 09-26-2007, 03:57 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User

I've never had it, but have been thinking about it for various body parts. I wonder if it would help arthritis (or lupus or whatever the heck I have)flare ups. Like everyone says, it cant hurt to try it..ya never know if it helps any.

Old 09-27-2007, 03:28 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

sherry1 HB User

Hi dp

I had chronic sciatica down my left leg and after 3 sessions of acupunture it was 90% better.

It didnt have any effect on my lower back pain though.

So personally i would say it worked for me.

Good luck.

Closed Thread