It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2007, 10:55 AM   #1
(male)

vintagebones HB User
Burning tingling back pain

Hello, All
first post here. The problem i am having is a burning feeling in my middle and upper back. Also neck pain. at times it is painful. but mostly just bothersome. It also feels like tiny bubbles in there, the feeling sometimes goes to my arms. My doctor has sent me for 3 chest rays and 2 upper back x-rays. this has been going on for approx 2 years. I went to pt, with no relief. At this time i have moved out of my state, and my health insurance is not good in my new state? just wondering if anyone has had this problem, as i fear some sort of nerve/disk damage. thanks for any input and help.

Old 10-03-2007, 01:52 AM   #2
(male)

Lovergy HB User
Re: Burning tingling back pain

Do you have any popping going on too(sound is like snapping your fingers)? Because if you do that's just like my problem, they called it thoracic strain but i dont believe that's what it is. I'll post if i figure out anything new.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2007, 09:47 AM   #3
(male)

vintagebones HB User

Hello, no popping snapping sounds, just the tingling feeling, it stinks, i just want a day where it's gone, i pray daily, good luck to you too

Old 10-04-2007, 05:08 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

i really would think that considering the ongoing nature of your symptoms that your doc would have quit with the x rays by now and just sent you for an MRI.you really do need this at this point just to really see down to the cord/nerve levels up there.your symptoms do suggest at the very least,some level of actual nerve affectation.this really would be your best bet at this point just to see whats actually going on in the areas that a simple x ray just cannot actually see down to.this realistically should have been done like a year ago by now?you have had to suffer thru all this while your doc has been kind of sitting on something that could have revealed the underlying issue pretty quickly.it's about time now.i would really push for this at this point.you really just don't have too many options til you find out whether there really is anything out of the norm up there.given your symptomology,it would appear that they will find something not "right" when they just do that MRI,preferrably with contrast,just better pics.just have a chat with your doc about this and if he does not do this simple referral for you,please find yourself another primary who really does care about his or her patients,this has just gone on for wayy too long.you just need some answers.i wish you lots of luck with this and hope your doc will just finally do the right thing for you,his patient.please let us know what you find out.Marcia

Old 10-04-2007, 09:48 PM   #5
(male)

vintagebones HB User

Well today i called my primary physician, i was told since I'm out of state to go to the ER. When i called my insurance company, they said i would not be covered, and that i should change to a ppo? I'll be honest, i wonder if the tramadol/ hydrocodine has anything to do with it...hmmm, my doctor writes me scripts of them like he is handing out candy, then when i asked about an MRI, he told me not yet? unreal... i have had blood test that came back good.i'll be honest i may be going to the ER, then maybe they can send me for a MRI there...thanks to all who have responded

Old 10-06-2007, 07:50 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

it is high time to change docs.handing you Rxes of narcotics but failing to actually look for the source of your pain and symptoms is just plain lazyness and negligence on his part.if this doc ever got the DEA looking into his records,he would have some explaining to do,really(he just has no real documented reason for your pain becasue he has not actually tried to find it by just doing the right test,duh?).this is just so not how it should be.you have suffered long enough.find a caring doc who gives a crap about his patients.this man is just not what i would even call a real doc,just one who takes the easy way out.obtaining regular narcotic Rxes just places YOU in a bad posistion with an always present possibility of addiction at some point.he just should know better ya know?narcotics should never be the first line of treatment when there are other options and he could actually possibly really find the true problem just by sending you for the proper testing,which he should have done about a year ago.lose this guy soon,it would probably be the best move you ever made.you just need answers,not meds.at least you have a way to keep your pain in check,but what does he expect here for you in the future ya know?follow your gut on this one.if you ever feel like the pain is just too bad,going to the local ER and actually getting somewhere with an MRI really wouldn't hurt.you just deserve better,plain and simple.good luck and please let us know how things go,K?marcia

Old 11-11-2011, 10:29 PM   #7
(male)

Dr Noyd HB User

I'm having this exact issue at the moment. If anything, it's giving my family a lot of concern. Long story short I started to having the same sensations that vintagebones described and at first I just blew it off as some weird muscle crap. But the following week it has been getting worse and worse, to a point were it's disrupting my job. I've talked to my company's doctor, my pediatrician, and my chiropractor. But at the moment, no diagnosis of my "condition" other than, over-working/anxiety/out of shape. Being uninsured college student working full time at a labor demanding job doesn't give me a lot of options. Please help!

Old 11-12-2011, 10:40 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User

Could you describe your symptoms?

Old 12-17-2011, 05:25 AM   #9
(male)

Dr Noyd HB User

Well at the time it was a burning sensation that spread throughout my torso, but in the month that has passed my chiropractor has really helped me discover that I've been affected by the condition known as Fibromyalgia, and it was only until recently that the constant onset of my labor involving job had irritated my condition. That, and the poor sleep patterns, had left my body with little time to take the natural healing processes that undergo in the regular 8 hour sleep cycle. Furthermore, as I still have rare "attacks" it has improved greatly since the last time I had visited this site, (taking a week off work to just sleep helps). Thank you very much for the reply.

Closed Thread