It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2007, 10:56 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

dp1234 HB User
Workers compensation - completely useless, delay/deny/defend

Workers compensation is completely useless. They will delay/deny/defend. The politicians know it, everyone knows it but they still do it and get away with it. why?
Call CNN/MSNBC/ABC/CBS/NBC to see if an investigative reporter wants to cover the deeds of workers compensation insurance companies. Call your local newspapers to see if any reporter is interested in running factual experiences with work compensation. Reading forums after forums it is the same story - delay/deny/defend. The more denials the more money for these insurance companies.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2007, 11:15 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Chris54 HB User
Re: Workers compensation - completely useless, delay/deny/defend

W/C stinks here in California. They just deny, deny, deny. I wish they could have the pain of waiting for a back surgery that was needed in 2001 and having it done in 2005. Now needing further surgery and for them to play their stupid games. You are so right. Then asking for second opinions, then third opinions when the doctor they chose couldn't just deny that a surgery was needed. I think back surgery is their big denial program. Just give you meds and send you back to work. That's their standard practice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2007, 12:05 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

bwitht HB User

The news reporters do not want to do boring stories about injured workers being jurked around when the insurance companies have all the juicy footage of workers faking injuries. How many times have we all seen those? The insurance companies follow IW's around video taping just trying to catch someone. When they actually find a few they just turn the footage over. The only work the networks have to do are the voice overs.

Most of the people that they do catch scamming, I am really sad to say, are claiming back injuries. We all know how hard it is to diagnose real back injuries. The few that are trying to scam the IC are making it that much harder for those of us with real injuries. It isn't fair, it isn't right, we are paying for someone else's sin. I'm sure if you think about it, you know at least one person you could personally say "Thank you" to.

Old 10-04-2007, 03:03 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

bushranger HB User

I was denied any operation for over three year. And all this done was make the problem worse. If fixed without their stuffing about I might have been able to return to the work force. But no I sit here in pain day in day out because of their tatic's. I have had three lower back operations and now the next two levels above are buldging because of the lack of care shown early on.
Like one of you said let them live with the pain for one day and I think they would operate almost straight away.
Yes there are cheats out there and there will always be this is half of why they delay things. So I sort of understand it. But it still stinks when you are in pain all the time and no one cares.
There is not a week that goes by where I don't wish my nerves were cut to my back. Yes I wouldn't care about not being able to walk. I would rather have no pain.
And not to have to take drugs to just get me out of bed in the mornings would be just so good. I know this is a dream but a bloody good one.
At the moment I'm close to where I was when this all started and I'm at the doctor's at least once a week getting an injection of pain killers.
The only way this will ever be fixed is if a politician is struck down with a bad back. Then I bewt things would change.

Old 10-04-2007, 04:42 AM   #5
(female)

mewcamaro HB User

I am on WC in NJ, I had to wait almost 3 years for my first surgery. Had to go through the normal PT, epiduaral injections, trigger point injections and acupunture before the neurosugeron said I needed to have surgery. And by the way everything took forever to be approved. I had my first surgery in 2005 and lami/discetomey. Well that didn't work and in June of this year I had an ALIF with L4 L5, L5 S1 being removed with titanium discs and BMP inserted with a fusion. Well I'm still in severe pain, and doctor did not know why.

He ordered a CT and MRI which also took forever to be approved and it now show L3 L4 being herniated. So I have an appt next Wednesday and the doctor wants to start the epidural injections again....does it ever end?

So I know about the frustrations of WC, not being able to get a second opinion, waiting for approvals etc

mew

Old 10-04-2007, 09:51 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

dp1234 HB User

The workers compensation insurance companies are using the excuse of a few people who lie about their injuries and punishing those who have genuine work injuries.
When I said DENY/DELAY/DEFEND, I meant those on the job injuries that have been ACCEPTED by the workers compensation insurance companies as compensable on the job injuries. They are playing with our health, those adjusters talking like robots, trained to be unemotional and giving runarounds, jerking us while their workers compensation insurance companies are infleuncing politicians.
I had emailed a reporter who was writing about on the job injured people. and workers compensation insurance companies. There was a attorney who mishandled my case and then he became the person who was assigned to speak for injured on the job workers at the state workers compensation. I emailed that reporter about him that he mishandled my case and I don't have faith in him and the reporter replied back that he had gotten lots of emails saying the same and he was aggreeing with them.
Then I called a local state representative and talked to someone there and told him that I had been emailing this reporter and he aggreed with me. The state representative staff officer I was talking to asked me the name of the reporter and expressed amazement that that reporter would say that.

Viola, a few minutes later I got another email from that reporter saying that "he believes that that attorney hired by the state to speak for injured people's rights will do a good job!!!!!!!"

I can only say that that state representative had contacted that reporter and influenced him.
There you have - politicians influencing reporters also.

Last edited by dp1234; 10-04-2007 at 09:53 AM.

Old 10-04-2007, 04:20 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

bwitht HB User

The insurance companies have the money and the power. We do not. They can spend billions on lobbiest to get the government on their side, millions on air time to get the general public on their side. We have all had "the look" when you mention you were injured on the job. Because of a very few, we are all guilty by association. That is what the insurance companies want. The want us to give up in defeat. I don't have any answers, all I can do is just keep fighting.

Old 10-04-2007, 07:38 PM   #8
(male)

Rob61 HB User

I have been through their games during the 90's. I beat them at every turn. I think what the problem with them is more then just one aspect.

The think I noticed most were people that came into the hearing on crutches or using a cane, as soon as they found they were recieving money they just about danced out of there.

The way I beat them was documentation. I had every report every X-Ray I learmed about my injury and even got a hold of the op reports.

Even my att. (I might have been able to do this with out him) Said he has never had so much documentation. IME Dr's gave better reports then My Dr's did.

When they ****** me off (because of a stupid ruling) I pushed back harder.

Before my surgery my Dr wanted an MRI and a Disc O Gram. Well W?C approved the Disc O Gram abd denied the MRI, (why who knows) He would not cut untill I had both. So I paid for the MRI. The hearing after my surgery the judge found out they denied the MIR and I paid for it. He fined the insurance Co anout 8,000.00

Hope this helped

Do not let them win

Rob

Old 10-04-2007, 08:12 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

kkmom HB User

Hi I am here in cali as far as w/c for me it has been so so, not too bad. It may take a week or so for the approval process, but everything my doc has ordered has been done, except my discogram and thats because of my weight they say. They called last month to schedule me for surgery in oct a disk replacement and a fusion, but I refused it. But, now I feel like I am gonna get screwed, because they still cant find the real source of my pain.

Old 10-04-2007, 08:52 PM   #10
Inactive
(male)

dp1234 HB User

My treating doctor told me that workers compensation in texas does not pay for discogram!!! I am not so sure.
The workers comp. comany has denied me injections and now I am getting really bad physical therapy. I am getting this PT at the treating sdoctors facility. All this guy does is - come always late for my appointment or makes me wait a good 20 minutes or so while he is chatting with some patient, is either helping someone and at the same time staring at patients who are waiting, chatting about anything just like there is one Pt woman who is constantly chatting with patients about anything she can think of, makes me wonder if these people are really interested in spending quality time with patients, all I got was 15 minutes on tens machine, and 2 exercises that I have to do and that is all. he gave me drawings of these 2 exercises and all drawings look alike. It is poorly made. He is wasting my time. Already close to half of my visits are over. What a wastage of money and time!
This is work comp. If I had used my own insurance I could have gone to a good PT.

Last edited by dp1234; 10-04-2007 at 09:03 PM.

Old 10-05-2007, 06:36 AM   #11
(male)

Rob61 HB User

I learned early you have to play their game, BUT beat them at it to get the treatment you need. This is based on NY W/C. It took 4 months of my Dr's telling them he is not going to get better. It took just under a year for the surgery (that failed, was time a problem?) But the best advice I can give is documentation, you are entitled to every report every X-Ray. Then whem my Att aplied for SSDI they cancled my Dr's apointment 2 days prior. My Att said he never had that happen, they just issued the disability.

Either way do not let them win

Rob

Old 01-28-2008, 06:23 PM   #12
(female)

apocalypto22 HB User

hi I'm having problems yoo,WC won;t even let me comfortable,they refused to let me have my Radio Frequency procedures and cut iff my meds,I', really very upset,my lawyer never calls me back,they keep pushing for surgery.

Old 01-29-2008, 02:10 AM   #13
(male)

camperboy HB User

I know this board is no place for a discussion on politics, but I do think of my WC experience whenever someone mentions government sponsored healthcare!

WC is good for acute, obvious injuries like broken bones and such. But in the past I've told people who felt their back problems were a result of work to NOT go on WC. Fortunately, my back problems were partly hereditary, and my job didn't have much to do with the "straw that broke the camel's back." Of course, folks who don't have health insurance don't have much of a choice.

It's an awful situation - especially here in CA - and, sadly, I think it's only going to get worse. There is so much fraud in the system... sometimes it seems like they only help the people who lie!

My suggestion to anyone having WC problems is to try to find a law school in the area who wants to help out someone in need.

Good Luck!

David

Old 01-29-2008, 07:18 AM   #14
(male)

ejreiss HB User

wait until you settle your work comp case. Even though wc is responsible in most cases for future medical, it is almost impossible to get anything done. my w.c. carrier is responsible for all future related back needs and won't approve anything. I can't even pay another doctor out of my own pocket or use medicare. No doctor will see me when they here I was on w.c. and I can't get any treatment at all once I settled my case. I am just left to suffer every day and night for the rest of my life.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:03 AM   #15
(female)

apocalypto22 HB User

so guess I'm stuck too,maybe should take the surgery so when it fails or more problems down the road will end up in a nursing home.no future for me

Closed Thread