It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2007, 10:06 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User
Little Nervous About Epidural Injection Tomorrow

Scared /nervous /worried all together ! Expecially reading about those injections , but what else is left ? I know Pepper had bad results and others too , I can't ever remembering any working for me before but I'm at my wits end on what to do next . I'll try anything as you all know for pain . This can't be possibly it can it ? I mean there has to be a point where the pain level is barable right ? This isn't barable and these Dr.'s are ticking me off.

Enough of being scared to up my med's , if the meds will help me sleep at night why in GODS name why not give me something els ? I'm no pill popping addict . I can stop any time but the pain is to much to put up with , I get like a mean ole bear without them.. Maybe this injection will help.
I go tomorrow at 10:30am got to meet the new Medtronic rep to try to re-program this stinking stim then its off for my injection. I sure hope he either puts me on something new or allow me to take atleast 4 hydrocodone instead of 3 a day.. SOMETHING ! He's also setting me up for a dreaded Myelogram too , because I can't have anymore MRIs with these wire leads going along my spine . It is a never ending story . I sure hope these scientist come up with something soon for us spineys ...We shouldn't have to suffer with this pain .

Pepper please let me know how your myelogram goes and don't be worried to scare me. ( I'm sure you won't after what I wrote about them)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2007, 10:47 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User
Re: Little Nervous About Epidural Injection Tomorrow

Shawley, I just responded to an e-mail from my girlfriend and I used same words "no end to it".
I know how you feel. But do we have a choice? We will try anyting at this point to just ease the pain. And hope for the best...
Think positive, I hope you will be the lucky one and shot will help you with your pain.
Good luck to you, will be thinking of you.
Let us know how did it go.
((((( )))))

Old 10-10-2007, 10:57 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

chatterboxsd HB User

Shawley, I'm sending you the very, very best wishes and very, very best of luck that the injection gives you some very, very deserved relief! I know you've been struggling. Try to keep your mind positive and do everything you can to make this work. We'll be here for you!!!
- Margaret

Old 10-10-2007, 11:08 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

BlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB User

You're singing our song. I started having a brand new pain over the last day, in my upper back right above my T4. I'm thinking, you've got to be kidding! I can't possibly let them fuse anything else. I'm already fused T4 to S. I won't be able to drive or anything if they have to start doing the levels above. It's already hard. I only park where I can pull through a spot to be facing forward so I don't have to twist to see to back up. I'm going to be soooo careful of my back. I'm not lifting anything over 15 pounds, and if I have to lift that, I'm not carrying it anywhere. I can't believe this! It stinks!

Emily

Last edited by BlueAtlas; 10-10-2007 at 11:10 AM.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:14 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

chatterboxsd HB User

Oh, Emily... Can we hope it's just a kink?

Old 10-10-2007, 11:35 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Frosty6 HB User

Shawley,

You'll be fine, just find your inner peace. What mg of Hydrocodone are you on? My doc has me taking one every 4-6 hours as needed 7.5mg. When they put the Spinal Cord Stimulator trial in, I was in so much pain from the incision and something was poking my vertebra and he tried me on hydromorphone, which did nothing, ativan-I think that is the name, which was better and then oxycodone which worked the best. I asked him to keep me on that because it seems to offer better pain relief and less bloating. I swell terribly with the hydrocodone. I have both, but he has me taking one or two oxycodone's every 4 hours at 5mg. Most days I only take 3 but I have those days where I will take 2 at a time and end up taking 6 in all. Your doc should be giving you about 150 per month to cover your pain. I'm no junkie either but if I go a day or 1/2 a day without taking it, I really pay for it. Supposed to take it before the pain gets too bad or it is less effective. They are right about that! What about the pain patch? Have you tried that? I haven't but know others that have. It works great for them and no fuzzy head.

Good luck tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you.

Love,
Lisa

Old 10-10-2007, 11:44 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

I hope I have not scared everyone off about the nerve block. That truly was not my intent. Was my pain due to the shot or a problem already that the shot inflammed?? All I know is that I hurt and have never had this much pain ever. Today is 5 weeks!!

Shawley, if I remember right didn't you have a epidural and achieve some relief in the past?? This has to work for you. I am also excited that someone else is going to try and adjust your stim. I don't think it has worked right for you since the beginning. I am sorry. I just have a feeling that this pm doctor is the answer to your prayers. Now he had best not let me down!!

Old 10-10-2007, 03:37 PM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User

Diet,
you did not scare anyone... I believe that we come here to share our honest experiences; newbie on this board who want to learn, who are new to the "Spinal" world - they all searching for answers and hopefuly all what we are talking about here will help all of us in many ways.

I wish to find this board before I went for my surgery. Than at least I could write so many questions for my surgeon, but at that time I had no idea what am I dealing with and what to expect.
So don't worry about this, in fact thank you for your honest opinion.

Old 10-10-2007, 04:57 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User

Shawley, I want to wish you good luck with your injection and I really hope it gives you at least some relief!!!! Try not to be scared of it....not everyone has had bad experience with these. I've had several epidurals and well, they at least helped with my sciatic pain. I was put under twilight sedation for those, so I felt absolutely nothing. I had no after pain from the shots. I did still have some other pain, but only surgery helped with that. I also had a nerve block this summer...now THAT was sheer agony for a few seconds or so. I had to feel it to make sure they were getting the right spot. But once they made me all numb, I felt nothing. I had pretty good all over pain relief for about 3 weeks. I guess I am lucky that when I get these injections, they seem to really help me. But then again, it seems wherever the pain is coming from seems to be pretty clear in my MRI's.

Old 10-11-2007, 06:29 AM   #10
Inactive
(male)

Roy47 HB User

Dan,

I hope things go well for you today; it sounds to me like you have been through a lot worse than a myelogram. Granted they are not a lot of fun - but it will tell them what is going on and the condition of your back. The drive there and back will probaly be the worst experience in the way of pain.

Remember I had it tried twice in 2 different levels and still they could not get any fluid out and they tried to put the fluid in and it did not show the results that they wanted. I STILL think my ACM1 thing and syrnx had something to do with the spinal fluid flow... Wither that or they totally missed both times. With all the medecine and skills plus machines to show them where they were I do not think that they missed either time...

I wish you the best my friend

Roy

Old 10-11-2007, 02:23 PM   #11
Facilitator
(female)

Shawley,
thinking of you today... I hope everything went well and by tomorrow you will let us know how are you doing....

Old 10-11-2007, 05:24 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User

Shawley, I hope the injection went well for you today!! I kept my fingers crossed for ya! Come back when you can & let us know how you're doing

Old 10-12-2007, 04:27 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User

How did it go buddy?

Old 10-12-2007, 04:27 AM   #14
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

[COLOR="Navy"]
There are so many people to reply to here since I missed a day so I'll try to explain and answer what I can remember , if I didn't answer a question please ask again , I'll try not to fall behind in my post again .

First the Good news , the injections wasn't so bad , havent we been through more pain ? They are helping my lower back pain well so far . I actually slept well last night for the first time in months . The bad news is that the stim won't reach my lower feet or toes .

The new Med rep told me she thinks the lead might need lowered a tad , I said I just had it lowered 2 months ago ! Then she said it may be off center of my nerve or maybe I have so much scar tissue it isn't allowing it to go any further . Bummer huh ? She has it programmed as low as she can and it still grips me in my stomach . Makes my muscles tighten up so bad .

I am glad I got the injections tho , they were pin point injections whatever they are. Said they were steriods. That was the first time they hooked a IV up and gave me something to calm me ever , and I liked it . Oh the injection in the tail bone hurt the worse the other 2 wasn't that bad , just a little sting and they were over.. I go see him in Jan . again . He won't do the meds so I'll keep going to my PM Dr. I don't like for my meds .

Thanks for all the well wishes and stuff.

Lisa - I take 10MG Hydrocodone 3 times a day .

Pepper - you didn't scare me ! Your not that scary [/COLOR]

Old 10-12-2007, 04:29 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User

Shawley was this like a LESI or a CAUDal or something different cause I've had a bunch of them and they aint' fun

Closed Thread