It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2007, 10:13 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

dp1234 HB User
Physical Therapist lying to the treating doctor

My physical Therapist is lying to my treating doctor about the treatment he has provided to me if that can be called as such.

First I went to physical therapy(their office next to doctors office building) this physical therapist had his assistant give me ice/tens machine for 15 minutes on low back and 5 minutes ultrasound. When I asked for more treatment the physical therapist told me that he was working according to a script. Well he lied as yesterday I asked him what the script was that the doctor gave him - he says "EVALUATE AND TREAT." So he lied and he is UNETHICAL ALSO.

Second day of physical therapy - same thing - ice pack,tens machine and ultrasound.

third day - ice pack and tens machine and NO ULTRASOUND. He says it is not HELPFUL. I get very worried.

I ask him to give me some exrecises. He tells me keep on doing 3 mackenzie exrecises - actually they are one exrecise and he just divided it into 3 parts. I ask him to give me paperwork for some exercises and he hands me a 2 part sheet of which I am supposed to do only one part sheet exercises. He shows me 2-3 exrecises to do at home - at home only.

fourth day of treatment he adds me pushing some weights - it is one exercise.
so I am only did ice pack with tens machine and no ultrasound - SURPRISE SURPRISE HE TELLS ME THE REAL REASON HE CUT ULTRASOUND - says work comp is not paying for it.

5th day it is ice pack + tens machine plus pushing back weights(1 exercise). In fact that is all he has done.

6th day - I press him, I am really worried and tell him if he can't help me I should go somewhere else. This time he adds the ultrasound and doe sit himself, Still it is - icepack-tens machine plus 1 weught exercise plus ultrasound.

Each of 6 days I seen this man he told me he can't help me as my disk herniation is 13mm. well well......just keep reading....

Today I tell the doctor what I had been through. ice pack-tens machine, ultrasound(cut off inbetween) and 1 weight exrecise. The doctor does not believe it. He runs to next building and come back telling me that that Physical therapist told him that i was doing mackenize in the office(a lie), weight exrecise, ultrasound from the start, ice pack with tens machine and some more exercises. The physical therapist made it sound that he was really doing much more then he had been doing.

I say my physical therapist is a LIAR. First of all he lied he had a script and he would add exrecises as we went. There was none. He lied about exrecises because he has not told me to do mackenize during the so called treatment.
He would not have even added anything or done anything besides icepack and tens machine unless I had pressed him.
He has wasted my time and mislead me and the doctor.

Last edited by dp1234; 10-17-2007 at 11:13 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2007, 12:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB User
Re: Physical Therapist lying to the treating doctor

Are you able to go to a different therapist? I'm sure you're very frustrated! Did your doctor believe you when you said you hadn't been doing all that?

Do you have an attorney on your case? If so, maybe put in a call to him. Just because it's workman's comp doesn't mean you don't deserve appropriate treatment. You're going to have to be your own best advocate and persist until you get proper therapy.

Hang in there!
Emily

Old 10-18-2007, 07:31 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

dp1234 HB User
Re: Physical Therapist lying to the treating doctor

For what I have been through, I know this physical therapist didn't plan to do anything except icepack with tens machine and (if I hadn't asked) 1 exercise and that is for a 13mm disk that has extruded at L5-S1.

The doctor is frustrated telling me his office has to be on phone with work comp for 1 hour(I think he is exaggerating) to get approve something. And I have a nurse case manager from work comp who is interfering in my treatment. It looks she has been hounding my doctors staff about my treatment and making it harder and harder.

No, the the physical therapist told the doctor that he had been doing much much more and it looks the doctor is just tired of it and does not believe me. Of course he wants to get rid of me due to work comp making it so hard.

So all I had was this physical therapy if that can be called as such and 2 injections on low back and all this for a 13mm extruded L5-S1 disk.

The work comp company's adjuster's supervisor told me they denied the third injection because it is according to state work comp rules. I am in Texas. I think they are playing with me.

Closed Thread