It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2007, 04:57 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

B143C HB User
Back pain below Right rib cage

Hi guys,

I am a 22 year old mom with three little ones. For the past four and a half months I have been to the doctor with pain in the middle of my ribcage and pain under my right rib cage in front. THey ruled out my gallbladder. All my blood work has come back normal from ER panels. I've been having back pain now for about a month and a half below my rib cage in my back. It is sore to the touch and just achy now and then. It started when I developed a UTI. I do also pick my children up alot. Does anyone know what this could be? It really scares me.

Thanks so much guys for your help.

Old 10-20-2007, 10:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Chris54 HB User
Re: Back pain below Right rib cage

You might ask your doctor if you can get an MRI done of your T spine and L spine to see if the spine area is causing any of your issues. It could also be muscle spasms from lifting. Hope you can get some resolve for your pain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2007, 06:20 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User

Hi, could be a pulled muscle or spine issue, spasms, or somethign else. Yrs ago I had bouts of terrible pain on the right side just under my rib cage. Gallbladder problems run in my family, so it was assumed I now had stones. I got tested several times and my tests were clear also. However, what the doc did find was a hemangioma on my liver, which is in that area. There wasnt anything they could do about it, except he told me to go to the ER if the pain was unbearable b/c there was a slight chance it could rupture. Strange, though, I still had bouts on & off over a 1 yr period, and then it hasnt really bothered me much since. So I dont' really know for certain what was causing the pain, it was guessed that the hemangioma was inflamed.
THe best thing for you to do is keep investigating it and go to another doctor if need be.

Old 10-22-2007, 12:42 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

B143C HB User

Thanks guys for your help. Chris, I do have a touch of scoliosis so that could be part of the pain. I never really thought about it, I have a curvature of 15 percent - so that could put pressure on my back. Thanks for helping! I will definitly mention this to my doctor.

Baybreeze, How did they find out about your liver - ultrasound? Thanks for your advice, as well. Very helpful, indeed.

Thanks so much guys! God bless!

Old 10-22-2007, 01:21 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

sandim HB User

[QUOTE=B143C;3267378]Hi guys,

I am a 22 year old mom with three little ones. For the past four and a half months I have been to the doctor with pain in the middle of my ribcage and pain under my right rib cage in front. THey ruled out my gallbladder. All my blood work has come back normal from ER panels. I've been having back pain now for about a month and a half below my rib cage in my back. It is sore to the touch and just achy now and then. It started when I developed a UTI. I do also pick my children up alot. Does anyone know what this could be? It really scares me.

Thanks so much guys for your help.[/QUOTE]

If you had a UTI, it may have progressed to a kidney infection. That also causes pain in the same areas. I just went through this and that's what it was. Have your doctor run another urinalysis and it may be that you need a stronger antibiotic.
Sandi

Old 10-22-2007, 02:55 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User

Yes, B....I had ultrasound tests done.

Old 10-22-2007, 04:16 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

B143C HB User

Thanks Baybreeze. I had a urine test about two weeks ago, and it was normal. I'm hoping it is just muscle pain. I am scheduled for an ednoscopy to check for ulcers and such. Hopefully that will help rule out anything more serious.

Thank you so much for replying. Since that is where the kidneys are, I wonder if it has anything to do with that? I've had a normal ultrasound, HIDA scan (for the gallbladder and liver I think.) and a normal barium swallow. All to rule out stuff I think. It's all so confusing . . . Sometimes I wish I went to medical school so I would know what things mean. =)

Thanks for all your help! God bless you!

Old 10-22-2007, 04:18 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

B143C HB User

Thanks, for answering my ultrasound question. I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling much better now! That's great. God bless you! I'll keep you in my prayers to help ward off the sickies! =)

Closed Thread