It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2007, 05:21 PM   #1
(female)

Tulip15 HB User
Hi All-How is Everyone

I wish I could sit here long enough to respond to everyone individually, but I cannot, so off and on I will just write one note to you all, and wishing you and know that I think of you all often, to all that are new here and everyone that has been here awhile I wish for all you better pain days, and ones that are going through procedures I wish for you the best of luck and that everything works out for you.

I cannot sit here for too long, my back is extremely bad, it's gotten to the point where when I go shopping I can make it through one store, barely get to the second store and then I've got to come home, I cannot stand for long periods of time, my quality of life is slowly diminishing, I have a lot of pain and my second opinion appointment is on the 5th, so I've got to make it till then.
Do know that I wish I could write to all of you, gosh! I don't even know if I'm making sense, these meds are doing a toll on me......
I gotta go, talk soon.
Tulip15

Old 10-25-2007, 06:16 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

chablis3 HB User
Re: Hi All-How is Everyone

Thanks Tulip, I understand about your pain and it is nice of you to take the time to let everyone know that your thinking about us! You sound like me as far as going to the stores and such; I can't spend too much time walking around shopping, either. It is so discouraging that our problems are affecting the quality of our life. I do hope you find some answers and solutions when you go to your next appointment. Please let us know the outcome. Meantime, you take care of yourself and I am thinking of you, also!

Judy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2007, 08:00 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Tulip, thanks for checking in. I do understand about not being able to do much. I am so thankful to have my laptop because it allows me to lay down and type to all my cyber friends.

Good luck on the 2nd opinion if we don't chat beforehand.

Old 10-26-2007, 08:41 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User

Thank you, Tulip and I hope you get some answers or suggestions at your next appointment. I, too, totally understand not being able to walk around shopping for long. I am not having severe pain right now, though with this weather i've been hurting some, even have some nerve pain in my hips, though it's not bad. BUt I still have a problem shopping, I cant walk around for more than 1/2 hour to 45 minutes before I have to leave. But it's not just due to my back, my right ankle bothers me as well. So it does stink, but I have gotten used to it. Check back in when you can and try to keep optimistic in the mean time.

Old 10-26-2007, 09:48 AM   #5
(female)

ihavtwins HB User

Hi Tulip, I too had problems with grocery shopping especially. My husband now has to do it, but he hates doing it so I feel bad for him. For a while there right before I quit shopping, I had my kids pushing the cart for me, I just couldnt do it, and could barely walk the length of the store. I would get home and be in tears and have to crawl into bed. The concrete floors are the worst like at sams and walmart. I miss shopping, but dont miss the pain it involved.

I have to spend more money now example: my husband can't pick out cards, so he drops me at the door at hallmark, and I end up spending more than if I would have picked out cards at walmart, but i just cant walk into walmart anymore.

Make sure you limit your shopping, and do everything possible to make things more convenient for you. Example- Do you have a farmers market where you could get your produce in one place with little walking? I would set limits like only one store on one day. Dont try to do 2. Also, there are places where you can order food, premade. Also, we have a store here that makes meals to sell. You can make them in their store, but for small fee they will make them for you, and they are family style dinners. The one here is called homeaid. They are good for after surgery or just on those days when you cant stand and cook. I think i paid 140 for 8 meals for family of 4.

Thanks for checking in, and dont ever feel bad about not being able to respond to all the posts, I would love to respond to all, but we all know that it is so hard to sit for long periods of time. Everyone here understands!

Take Care!
Jen

Old 10-26-2007, 10:45 AM   #6
(female)

Reyne HB User

Tulip..take care!! Sorry you are in such pain!

Closed Thread