It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2007, 08:33 PM   #1
(female)

Anna14 HB User
changed surgery date:(

my surgery date has been changed to november 27, and i'm freakin out now i'm not ready for it yet i was ok with the other date, and had everything ready adn under controll bu they called otday and told me they were moving it forward, so now i have to get ahead in my classes and get everything under controll, and changed all the dates to everything, like giving blood for myself, for my other surger i was supposed to go the day before my new surgery date, so obviuosly that doesn't work.
and its being moved up because my doctor is leaving that hospital so now after this surgery i'm going to have some complete stranger doctor that i have no clue who he is, when i've this doctor since i was 5.
so i'm kinda getting a overload of everything going on right now and i don't no what to do, and my head won't stop going. IT DOESN'T SHUT UP . and its ******* me off.
anyone have any suggestions for me i would really appreaciate it.
-Anna14

Old 10-26-2007, 01:05 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

clover60 HB User
Re: changed surgery date:(

Hi Anna
Take a deep breath and relax. You will get it all done and be ready by november 27th. Sometimes we have to make those changes and although not fun you will do fine. I am glad your Dr wants to do the surgery and not pass it off to the new guy. I am sure your Dr will give the new Dr all the info and the transition will be smooth.

Good luck and know we are here for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2007, 04:56 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Anna, I think it is great that your old doctor is going to do the surgery. I am sure that will give you comfort in knowing he will take care of you and I agree everything will fall into place.

I can imagine you are frightened this is a big thing. Please be sure to express your concerns to your surgeon at your pre-op visit and I bet he will reassure you. You might even consider jotting down all your questions beforehand so that you remember everything at the visit.

Good luck and remember that we are here for you.

Old 10-26-2007, 09:40 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Justoneofus HB User

Ditto. Relax and feel good that your doctor cared enough to want to do your surgery before leaving the area. That says alot about your doctor and I am sure also that he will apprise the new doc you will see after so the transition will go smoothly for you.

You've already been planning, so just a little alteration adjustment is needed is all. Go with the flow and just do what you can.

Getting all frantic will not help anything and often halts in positive production you want to get accomplished before the big date.

Just do what you can and the rest will all fall into its proper place. Sounds corny but it's true.

L5/S1 bulging @ 18, now 46; still there (but no pain)
Fusion at L4/L5 Apr -2006
Solidly Fused Nov-2006
A Success, but still improving!

Closed Thread