It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2007, 10:02 AM   #1
(female)

charpo HB User
Can Sciaticia make your abdomin sore

If you are having sciatic pains can it seem to make you abdomin sore and also can it make you feel worn out, sickish feeling?

This is the first time I've ever experienced this pain and at times it is unbearable!!!! But my lower abdomin feels funny also. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 10-31-2007, 03:27 PM   #2
(male)

jeffengland81 HB User
Re: Can Sciaticia make your abdomin sore

Well the sciatic nerve does not run through the abdomen so that's not related.

It could be a muscle spasm related to the other muscle spasms contributing to your sciatica. Could always be a tight psoas muscle (tight in a lot of sciatica patients)

It could be something totally non related!

I would go and see a doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2007, 04:55 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User

Maybe it could be spasms. I have had sciatica so bad and pain in my spine where my discs tore that the pain made me vomit, but my abdomen itself was not getting that particular pain. I've also had nerve pain into both hips and groin areas, but I did not feel that in my abdomen either. I have gotten really constipated, though, during some of these episodes, plus when I've taken painkillers, and sometimes I feel some pain that seems to radiate to my abdominal area. But it could be a whole host of things. Are you taking any painkillers?

Old 10-31-2007, 05:22 PM   #4
(male)

camperboy HB User

I would occasionally get radiating pain in my lower abdomen, perenniel area, and even testicle on the side where wy disc rupture was. This was [I][I]occasional[/I][/I] - so I'd say if it's constant it might be something more... I suppose it's conceivable that, in compensating for the sciatic pain, that you could get a hernia. As always, tell your doctor about it.

Old 11-01-2007, 03:12 AM   #5
(female)

charpo HB User

I don't even completely know what is the abdomin and groin area. Its in the really lower left hand side right above my leg. I don't mean to sound so stupid! It's like a real tight pinching feeling. Thanks for the replies

Old 11-01-2007, 02:34 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User

Then that might be more in your groin area. I know nerve pain can radiate to there, plus into your hips.

Old 11-01-2007, 04:27 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Chris54 HB User

Do you take any pain meds? They can make you constipated and then the bowel can become tender. You should run this by your doctor. It could be anything. I take pain meds and muscle relaxers and they are really constipating. I have sciatica, but this isn't what causes my abdomen problems. I had a fusion in 2004 of S1-L4 that is classified now as a failed back surgery. I have nerve issues from L3-S1 now.

Old 11-01-2007, 05:46 PM   #8
(female)

lilredsmom HB Userlilredsmom HB User

[QUOTE=charpo;3285671]I don't even completely know what is the abdomin and groin area. Its in the really lower left hand side right above my leg. I don't mean to sound so stupid! It's like a real tight pinching feeling. Thanks for the replies[/QUOTE]

The Groin area is the area between the legs where the privates are. The Abdomen is the stomach area. Everyone has some very good theories for the nausea so I'm going to add mine. I suffer from migraine headaches and sometimes they get so bad I throw up! I believe that if we suffer from pain that is so intense it is enough to turn our stomach. I mean how does a headache relate to the stomach? It has to be pain related.

Old 11-01-2007, 08:29 PM   #9
(male)

camperboy HB User

[QUOTE=Chris54;3286890]Do you take any pain meds? They can make you constipated and then the bowel can become tender. You should run this by your doctor. It could be anything. I take pain meds and muscle relaxers and they are really constipating.[/QUOTE]

Ahhhh yes.... so true! I know a lot of times I felt weird things going on in my abdomen it was due to being constipated. And I did get the pains you seem to be describing - only on the other side. It was a little maddening, I always felt like I wanted to massage it out.

Don't rule out constipation!

-David

Old 11-02-2007, 03:21 AM   #10
(female)

charpo HB User

I seem more like a pinching sensation that sometimes can get sharp enough to make me want to scream, but other times its just dull. I have myself a mess over this!

Closed Thread