It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2007, 08:25 PM   #1
(male)

sven456 HB User
Red face Ongoing back problems

I had hurt my back 2 times the last was in 2001 and that was my last mri.
That showed disc desiccation,osteophyte formation L2-L5,central disc herniation L5/S1 impressing on the thecal sac,and bulging L2/L3 L3/L4

I have had episodes of sciatica along with constant aching in both legs and flare ups of lower back pain.The problem is the back pain is getting worse and constant have not had a day without it in 8 months and the episodes of sciatica are getting much more frequent and much more painful.
Last night I went to the er after curling up in the fetal position for 3 hours.They gave me Valium and Torodol injections along with 60 mg of prednisone for a week and skelaxin and vicoden.
The problem is it is a Workman's comp case and the insurance carrier denied a new mri so I have to go to court a reopen the case.
How do you people deal with your pain I cant stand pain pilss and muscle relaxers for long term.I usually just take celebrex.

Last edited by sven456; 11-26-2007 at 08:27 PM.

Old 11-26-2007, 08:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Justoneofus HB User
Re: Ongoing back problems

Hi there. Gee another Virginian! I don't say that if it's a bad thing.. Im native born myself, but there are quite a few of us on here from this state. I doubt it's the water. lol.

Gee this is a case going back to 2001 for WC? Wow, good luck reopening that. In the meantime, through your own private insurance, can't you at least get an MRI done?

Obviously you have some changes that have occurred since your last MRI and you really really need to see what's going on in there since then.

So who is currently treating you then? You sound to be in a great deal of pain, enough to send you to the ER, so you will need to be able to continue with some pain meds until ....

No one likes to take meds, but when you hurt.. you have to help ease the pain somehow.

L5/S1 bulging @ 18, now 46; still there (but no pain)
Fusion at L4/L5 Apr -2006
Solidly Fused Nov-2006
A Success, but still improving!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2007, 08:28 AM   #3
(male)

sven456 HB User

I cant get my insurance to pay since it is an old Workman's comp injury.I was awarded lifetime symptomatic treatment 2 X a month.So I can see a Dr or go to therapy 2 x a month.They just wont pay for anything else.

What stinks is I am now in Virginia and the injury occurred at work in NY so I have to go to hearings in NY.

Old 11-27-2007, 07:31 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Hi, I am another fellow Virginia and just wanted to say welcome to the board! I am sorry you are having so many problems and pray that you can find some answers to your pain. Have you had any surgery or are there any plans for surgery?

Old 11-27-2007, 07:40 PM   #5
(male)

sven456 HB User

I havent had any surgery ,just wasnt time yet.I actually found my old lawyer who split his parnership up today.It was by total chance.So reopening the compensation case shouldnt be too difficult.
Now that the valium and torodol wore off i am back to looking like quasimodo (as my sister says) whenever I get up.
I wish I could use my regular insurance Blue cross/Blue shield to take care of this it would be so much easier.

Closed Thread