It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2007, 12:30 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User
Thank you Healthboards and Spinney Friends

I was feeling some pain and feeling a little blue - all normal post surgical responses until I read several threads tonight. It is amazing at the warmth, love and support so many of us provide one another. Without this site, my chronic spinney problems would be far more worse. Knowing that I have so many friends who can relate and have been thru it themselves, helps me thru this nightmare each and everyday and is an important part of my recovery.

So thank you my friends and healthboards for being my friends and being here 24/7 365 days a year!!

Last edited by ms_west; 12-07-2007 at 12:31 AM.

Old 12-07-2007, 08:23 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User
Re: Thank you Healthboards and Spinney Friends

Thank you Diet and nice to hear from you.
We are here for each other and I belive this is so great. I am lucky to have all my family and friends support and people on this board who became my friends too.
I donated my blood 2 days ago for my surgery and coming home through all Christmas truffic in NYC was long and painful. The minute i walked in a door of my house, i turned my computer on to check on you and everybody. I think this is just wonderful that we have each other here and we are not afraid to vent if we in pain, we are not afraid to be upsed if the nurse or the Dr treats us not so nice - we all go through this, we all deal with this daily and that is why feels so good to talk to people who know what you, me and evrebody here talking about.
Sometimes I read someones post that they are in pain... I replay and sometimes cry because i physically feel their pain.
God Bless you all on this board, happy to have you in my life too!
Have a wonderful Holiday!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2007, 08:36 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

[B]Hugs and kisses Pepper, we love you too . Glad your ok.[/B]

Old 12-07-2007, 10:23 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

deb53 HB User

Pepper,
You said that so well! I feel like you are all my friends even though I wouldn't know you if you were to show up at my door. Well........on second thought maybe I would pick up on that "spinney" gait that we all have!
Thank you my friends !

Deb

Old 12-07-2007, 11:16 AM   #5
(male)

camperboy HB User

Heck... since you're all from VA you probably live next door to eachother!

Old 12-07-2007, 12:40 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Deb, if you ever see anyone with a walker or hobbling carrying a diet dr. pepper you probably have me. I don't go anywhere without my diet dr. pepper.

Do you believe for Christmas Santa always puts a can of Diet Dr. Pepper in my stocking? Thank goodness it is not coal!!

Old 12-07-2007, 02:14 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

deb53 HB User

Well now we are spinney and DDP friends! All the other nurses are drinking their coffee at 6:45 AM and I have my HUGE mug of DDP!! All my kids keep bottles of DDP at their house so I don't have to bring my own when I visit!! You don't think the DDP has something to do with our backs do you?..............Just kidding of course!!

Old 12-07-2007, 06:05 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Tucsonlady40 HB User

Nice to see your doing ok Pepper.

I just want you to know that your a very special part of the Healthboard!! Thanks to you for "chasing me" and asking how I'm doing, as you know, I try not to complain to much. I as well am thankful to healthboards for bringing us all together for a place to feel wanted, needed and to meet such wonderful people who don't judge, only support and of course the wealth of information that we all learn.

Take care and have a good night.

Old 12-07-2007, 06:34 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

chatterboxsd HB User

I must agree, this board has been wonderful. At the strangest times, I'm glad to just know you're all out there.

At coffee yesterday, one of my oldest from high school was telling me how I should go to a boot camp class with her and how great it is. Um... yeah. After I reminded her that I probably wasn't in the condition to do that right now, she sighed and said, "Well maybe in a month or two... when that back thing is finally over." I don't complain EVER to my friends, especially in social situations. But, the insensitivity amazes me all the same.

On the other hand, my mother in law is here and she's petting me like a kitten. Seriously petting my shoulder. Yes, I have pain and an upcoming surgery, but as far as I can tell, I haven't lost all my cognitive and physical functioning!!! Like they say, If it's not one thing, it's your mother (in law!)

I smile at these moments knowing you all have had moments like this. It really, really helps me not feel alone or go crazy!

Everyone have a comfortable night,
Margaret

Closed Thread