It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2007, 05:03 AM   #1
(male)

geehan HB User
Pins and needles also sharp pain on spinal area

Hi, i had a long drive for two days a week ago and i started to have a sharp pain on my left shoulder more coming from my spinal area so i had a rest for a day that pain have been gone away, now i am having pins and needles on my left shoulder and sometimes sharp pain just for a second on my upper spine i have been to my doctor they say it could be the muscles covering your back and spine, i am worried maybe its a disc or something else because i directly feel that that sharp pain comes from the upper spine. could it be really the muscles?

Old 12-20-2007, 10:22 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User
Re: Pins and needles also sharp pain on spinal area

It could be tight muscles pinching the nerves. Have you tried alternating with heat and ice? Perhaps a massage or hot bath might help as well as taking aleve, motrin, or ibuprophen for inflammation. If It continues for more than another couple of weeks, I would revisit your doctor and request xrays and an MRI. Good luck and I hope you find relief soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2007, 03:22 PM   #3
(male)

camperboy HB User
Re: Pins and needles also sharp pain on spinal area

hey Geehan,

To be honest it sounds like muscle strain/pinched nerve. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Give it a week or so and do heat and ice. If after a week it hurts worse or hurts when you're not in the driving position then you may want to ask your doc for some muscle relaxers (short term). Personally, I don't think you did anything major. But ask your doc if it's still bothering you.

Take Care
David

Closed Thread