It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2008, 07:55 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

sherry1 HB User
Update After Week Back At Work!!

Hi all

Thought i would give you an update of how back is after working a couple of hours every day last week!

Well all i can say is my back is feelin GREAT!!
I did have my doubts about going back but i am so chuffed.
I am not saying i have been pain free but i refuse to think about it when i am work an it seems to have worked.

I do get some jip when i take my support belt off an when i sit down it is a killer to get up again but after so many years of pain we get used to it dont we!
Have more problems with high blod pressure at the moment which is making me dizzy an feeling generally ill because of it.
Carnt be the meds because i am nearly off all of them.

I feel i am so much more under control of my pain an life is looking good!!
I hope it carries on that way!

Best wishes

Old 01-19-2008, 09:48 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kyma3 HB User
Re: Update After Week Back At Work!!

Sherry I am new to the board but wanted to say I am so glad that your job is working out good for you after your surgery. You really sound up beat and optimistic and that is so much of the healing process. Good luck on getting the blood pressure under control also. I take two medications for my blood pressure but it is mostly under control. I am just getting ready to have my surgery on Jan.29th. May you have continuous improvement. Enjoy the weekend and hopefully pain free.

Linda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2008, 10:01 AM   #3
(female)

Tulip15 HB User

Sherry, so happy to hear that your doing so well, you sound so good you deserve this it's been a long time coming.
Keep up the good work.
Tulip15

Old 01-19-2008, 04:37 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Sherry, I am glad that you are doing better. Emotionally you sound so much stronger and at peace with your decision to forgo surgery and move forward with your life. I pray that things continue to go as well for you and you are able to enjoy your horses!

Old 01-19-2008, 06:18 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

deb53 HB User

Sherry,
It is wonderful to hear some good news! Hope things remain as positive for you as they are now. Please keep us posted.

Deb

Old 01-19-2008, 07:39 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

mamakitkat HB User

Hi Sherry,
Glad that work went ok, it will only get better as you get used to being back. I have BP issues too right now, it does take it's toll on you. Just keep doing what your doc is telling you. Mine is coming down with no meds changes so far. My doc gave me a water pill in hopes it might help a lil. I go back for 2 wk check up monday so we will see.

It's so good that you don't think about your pain while at work. Your mind can control alot of your pain if you try hard, your right about that one. Also we do get used to certain pains, at least I do anwya.

Good Luck with the BP, I'm praying.

God Bless

Carol

Old 01-20-2008, 05:17 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User

Sherry, that's awesome! I'm glad to hear you are doing so well. Keep postive and don't overdo anything. Still be careful in whatever you do. Are you having your blood pressure issue looked into? I know you said you have some pain but are able to deal with it....perhaps it could be causing the pressure problems? I dont know. Whatever it is, try to do whatever need be to get it under control and I hope it all works out for you! Good luck.

Old 01-20-2008, 06:47 AM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User

Sherry, dear,
I had a bad night last night and now reading your post happy tears just cover my face.
I remember times when you couldn't move from pain, and now you are back to work???:blob_ Is this a good news, girl, or what?

So happy for you, so wonderful to hear good news for a change. Your post is inspiration for a lot of us, I am sure. It means a hope for all of us, is in it?

Take care of your blood pressure; if you see your meds are not working, means you to change them. My father's meds last him about 3-6 month and than he can't get under control his B/P, so they try to change it for him. It's tough one, take good care of yourself.

All the best, continue a good job!

Old 01-20-2008, 07:07 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Justoneofus HB User

Sherry this is a fabulous post from you! Thank you! I remember where you were just after your surgery and how bad things felt to you at the time, and now look at you!!! You are WORKING AGAIN!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!

In returning to work , you'll notice you are just exhausted from this for awhile or even quite a while, but this too will lift in time.

WONDERFUL NEWS !!!!

L5/S1 bulging @ 18, now 46; still there (but no pain)
Fusion at L4/L5 Apr -2006
Solidly Fused Nov-2006
A Success, but still improving!

Old 01-20-2008, 03:03 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

schragie HB User

Congratulations Sherri! That is such good news. Take it one day at a time right now and listen to your pain if it tells you something during the day so you can readjust what you're doing to make it stop.

I'd do one of those jumping blobby things for you but I see Tammy already did.

Closed Thread