It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2008, 10:19 AM   #1
(female)

Tulip15 HB User
Woke up in severe pain

I'm still in pain, still having tests done through my rheumatologist for all this immune problems I'm having, having more neck issues, lumbar issues are getting worse, but life does go on.
For starters my lower back is a mess, I'm having more leg numbness then ever before. I woke up this morning in pain, it was difficult to even move in bed and the pain was in my leg and hip, this was the worst it's ever been, it took me awhile to even try and get out of bed and once I did I managed to get downstairs and I used heat and that seemed to help. But the leg numbness is definitely getting worse.
As for my neck, that to is causing arm numbness and the pinkie on my r-hand is always numb so I know that this is problems plus having the facial and partial head numbnes I"m hoping that the neuro-surgeon I'm seeing at the end of the month can come to a conclusion with that.
I'm having ct-scans done this coming week for the immune problems, my rheumy is being on the safe side and wants it done before I start some new meds that she prescribed for me.
I've just been extremely tired and not feeling all that great, been sleeping every afternoon just so that I can make it until evening without collapsing.
I think the holiday activities really got to me too much for me to handle and it has thrown me in for a flare.
Tulip15

Old 01-19-2008, 10:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User
Re: Woke up in severe pain

((((Tulip))))) I am sorry you are having such a difficult time and I pray that you receive a proper diagnosis soon and are feeling much better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2008, 10:49 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

BlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB User

Hey Tulip,
Sorry you're going through a flare-up. That's rough! I hope it passes quickly and you get to a more manageable pain level.

Rest as much as you can. On these cold winter days, it helps to snuggle down with a blanket and a cup of cocoa and watch a movie.

Take it easy. Let us know how the tests go.

Blessings,
Emily

Old 01-19-2008, 11:04 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

tmv30 HB User

Tulip sorry for all these problems andi do hope they tell you something soon. I do hope you feel better soon.

Old 01-19-2008, 12:03 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

deb53 HB User

Tulip,
((((((((gentle hugs))))))))) for you. Sorry you are in so much pain. I hope that you soon find some answers to all your pain. I agree with Emily...snuggle down with your blanket on this cold day and take care of yourself. Keep us posted!

Deb

Old 01-19-2008, 01:11 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

sherry1 HB User

Hi Tulip

Sorry to hear you are going through a rough time!

I have been through it all an my diagnosis now is a 3 level fusion or live with the pain.
I still have flare ups especially my left side buttock. I carnt lie or sit on that side at all but not having surgery till i'm down on my knees.

I really hope things get better for you soon.

I'll be routing for you.((hugs))

Old 01-19-2008, 05:51 PM   #7
(female)

Tulip15 HB User

Thanks everyone, it is so bitter cold here, I just took a break from my comfy couch with a nice warm blanket, fire place on, to check on you all, so now I'll go back and get comfortable again, it's time for all my meds, so I should be out in la, la, land soon.
I'll keep you all posted as to what happens on my end.
For those of you going through procedures and surgery soon I wish you the best of luck with everything, and that it finds you with pain free days to come. And for those of you that are still dealing with pain I'll be thinking of you and wishing for you better pain relief and pain free days, and for those of us that still have to get diagnosed properly I wish for these doctors to help us better in 2008.
Tulip15

Old 01-19-2008, 06:30 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

schragie HB User

Tulip, you delicate flower...

I hope your evening is quiet and restful. That fireplace sounds great. I could sure use one when I'm lying on ice!

Schragie-girl

Old 01-20-2008, 10:03 AM   #9
(female)

Tulip15 HB User

Schragie, lying on ice makes me shiver even more with all this cold air that has hit our area,,,,,,,,,,,but if it helps what the heck.............I wish ice would help my pain, the only thing that helps is heat go figure...........
It's so bitter cold here, seems like winter has finally arrived.
Tulip15

Old 01-20-2008, 02:31 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

schragie HB User

Tulip, heat helps me too, so I take hot "back" showers in the morning and evening. It's cold and windy by me tonight and I know it's not going to be a fun evening. I did manage to take a ride in the car, help out a friend whose father just passed, and get a few things done today. Now I'm in for the duration of the evening! But first...I must find my heating pad!
Schragie-girl

Old 01-20-2008, 07:24 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

I love my heating pad -- almost more than my hubby and furry puppy dog who curls up next to me and sleeps in the crook of my arm -- just be careful about falling asleep on it. I scrooched (sp??) my back 2 weeks ago and I still have purple rings from the heating pad coils etched in my back. Can't wait for the doctor to see it. (Actually I am scared!!)

Tulip hope you feel a little better tonight.

Old 01-20-2008, 07:37 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

schragie HB User

Pep -- I found my heating pad (finally) and will definitely not fall asleep with it on. I did, however, burn my back by over-using my TENS unit a couple of years ago. So, you're in good company!

Schragie-girl

Old 01-21-2008, 06:06 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

BlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB User

What a life style we back buddies have! I have two heating pads, an oversized one for upstairs and a regular one for downstairs. They both stay plugged in all the time and get used everyday. The downstairs one even comes to church with me!

Pepper, has anyone looked at that burn yet? That doesn't sound good! I hope you haven't done permanent damage to yourself. Does it still hurt?

Take care,
Emily

Old 01-21-2008, 09:10 AM   #14
(female)

Tulip15 HB User

I have heatind pads, ice packs, neck wraps and back wraps the ones you pop in the microwave and have a wonderful smell of lavender, plus I have a special pillow downstairs and one upstairs, neck pillows all over the house for support, when I think about this all this stuff for one person, OH MY!............we back and neck people sure do have the stuff.
Tulip15

Old 01-21-2008, 01:19 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Emily, I wish I could post pictures but I am sure you all don't want to see my back side. I have purple blotches all over the back - hubby and I think they will be there for a lonnnnnnnnng time. I have not had it looked at yet. I will show it to the doctor on the 2/6. I am sure he will have a few choice words to say -- but I was in pain and the heating pad was helping me get thru a rough time. I just must say between the scars and the purple blotches I have one Original B E A U T I FUL BACKSIDE.

Closed Thread