It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2008, 03:22 AM   #1
(female)

twins225 HB User
Wink T5 Burst Fracture - Surgery: 7-Level Thoracic Fusion (T2-T8) - Can You Relate???

hello...i am brand new to this forum. i am having a lot of trouble finding forums with people who are in the same position as me. i will give a brief description of my injury and surgery.

i was the passenger in a near-fatal auto accident on 11.21.07. my husband walked away with a few scratches and bruises and my almost 3yr old twins made it through without a scratch!! i, on the other hand, literally walked away with a broken back. i had a T5 burst fracture, a broken scapula, and several bruised and fractured ribs. my surgical procedure consisted of a 7-level thoracic fusion (T2-T8). i am about 8 weeks post op and i am doing surprisingly well, considering my surgeons say i was a miracle...they said i should have either died or been paralyzed UPON IMPACT!

i am subscribing to this forum, b/c i am finding very few people that have had thoracic fusion or a thoracic burst fracture. i am really just looking for someone to talk to and exchange stories and progress notes.
CAN ANYONE RELATE???

thanks
rebecca

Old 01-23-2008, 09:14 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

deeannek HB User
Re: T5 Burst Fracture - Surgery: 7-Level Thoracic Fusion (T2-T8) - Can You Relate???

Hi, rebecca! Wow that is awesome that you are doing so well. I can't relate to the thoracic stuff ( well at least not yet) but I have had cervical and lumbar fusions so I can relate to having a really messed up spine. I have seen other posts here about thoracic issues so I am sure you will find someone who will relate to you. Welcome to the boards! I think you will meet a lot of nice people here who have lots of valuable information to share. Take Care, Dee

Last edited by deeannek; 01-23-2008 at 09:15 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2008, 10:33 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

mcda HB User
Re: T5 Burst Fracture - Surgery: 7-Level Thoracic Fusion (T2-T8) - Can You Relate???

Hello and welcome to the board, Rebecca...You will easily find that everyone here is more than willing to help you out with whatever problems you are facing. Also, I have heard others mention that members with cervical and thoracic spine problems often post on the "spinal cord disorders" board. I hope you find all the answers you are looking for!

Old 04-13-2012, 01:16 PM   #4
(female)

kbsbama33 HB User

I see this is an old post, but just wanted to let you know that I can relate! I had a thoracic vertebrectomy and fusion at T7-T10 in August 2010 after a bicycle accident that left me with a broken back, broken neck, dislocated sternum, broken ribs, head injury, facial fractures, etc. I think I basically broke everything from my waist up! I had a thoracotomy in order to do the fusion, and that has been the most painful part of the process. It is hard to find people that can relate to a thoracic fusion, and I have had a difficult time finding much information on the topic. Luckily, I have the world's best spine surgeon, and have made a miraculous recovery, although I still suffer from nerve pain as a result of the thoracotomy and still have back pain. How has your recovery been?

Closed Thread