It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2008, 06:36 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

mcda HB User
Hurting in more ways than one!

Good "late" evening, everyone. We are under a "Flash Flood Watch", and I am wondering if the weather is causing my bad flare-up today. Awhile ago, I debated on whether or not to go to the ER because my entire left leg was in severe pain and going numb. I just couldn't find a comfortable position or get it to revive. It was also turning a bright red color, whenever it was numb. I remembered that my physician told me to "double-up" on my pain medication, whenever I was having a bad flare-up or a migraine, due to my "newfound" neck issues, so I did just that. My husband took our son to a movie so that I could relax and try to get comfortable. My (our) daughter is at visitation this weekend. A few minutes ago, I received a threatening phone call from my sister-in-law (which is also our next door neighbor) because she has been cheating on my brother with EIGHT different guys and was mad at me for talking with him about it. He asked me what all I knew, and of course I told him. Now she is mad because I told him the truth, and she is threatening the relationship of my husband and me with lies. I really don't need this at the moment, but who needs that type of abuse at any time! I am not going to let her get me down, though. Stress will only cause my pain to go through the roof, and I don't need that! I hope everyone is having a "pain-free" weekend, and I will keep everyone updated about my condition!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2008, 07:00 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

mznell HB User
Angry Re: Hurting in more ways than one!

WOW! When it rains, it pours, so to speak.

I'm sorry to hear of all your problems. Your SIL sounds like a real gem.

If you had gone to the ER, what do they do for you? I hope the doubling up on your meds will help and you'll be feeling better by morning.

Do you have a relaxation tape to listen to? Or do some deep breathing exercises...really think about your breath and let everything else go....

Take good care of yourself .

xx MM

Old 02-16-2008, 07:03 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

mcda HB User
Re: Hurting in more ways than one!

Thank you so much for the kind words, MM. The idea of a relaxation tape sounds wonderful! I will have to try that. Thanks, again.

Old 02-16-2008, 07:45 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

mamakitkat HB User

Hi PT,
I'm so sorry to hear of your troubles, don't ya love family? lol. I know it's not a laughing matter and very hard to cope with pain when things like that are involved. I only have one sister and she lives in the virginia/ wv area so she's far enough away to keep problems at bay for the most part. Like the say you can pick your frineds but not your family.

I know when my stress levels peak my pain is thru the roof even with all the pain meds I take every day. Your right you don't need to get involved with all that, just let the phone ring or better yet unplug it for a lil while and really relax if you can. I know for me sometimes a warm soak in the tub is the answer, I know heat and pain isn't always the best but it will help the stress and that will help the pain.

Good luck! I hope everything calms down for you soon.

God Bless

Carol

Last edited by mamakitkat; 02-16-2008 at 07:46 PM.

Old 02-16-2008, 07:56 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

mcda HB User

Thank you so much for the warm thoughts, Carol. I agree about not being able to pick your family...I think I will tell my brother that I can no longer have any type of relationship with my sister-in-law. I just don't want that type of stress in my life. I will also tell him that I will respect his wishes, if he decides to stay with her, for his children's sake. I am praying that tomorrow will be a better day! I am being optimistic that the weather will clear up and that my pain will be at a minimum. How are you feeling, Carol?

Old 02-16-2008, 10:14 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

mamakitkat HB User

HI,
I'm hoping yourpain clears with the weather too. I knowhow that feels to have the weather dictate your pain levels.

I'm ok I guess, the BP is pretty stable now but the type 2 diabetes is still not ok. I'm taking pills twice a day and it still is all over the place. It seems when the numbers are high over 200 I'mnot feeling too good at all. I can get up in themorning after not having anything to eat or drink all night and it will be much higher than it should be. I am calling the dr. onmonday and asking wht I should do now, perhaps an increase in the meds for hit will help until I can get some help from a dietician, if ins. covers it. My dr. said he would be happy to have someone come to the clinic I go to to help me get some meal plans going. I'm trying so hard to modify my diet and it does help some days but not all days, go figure.

I go to my spine dr. monday, I can't wait to see hima ndhopefully get some answers for my new found pains.

Hope you feel better tomorrow!

God Bless

Carol

Old 02-17-2008, 02:28 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

mcda HB User

Carol, my heart and prayers go out to you! I pray that your doctor can get your diabetes under control so that you can feel better. I also pray that your surgeon can find answers to whatever is causing your newfound pain. I am anxious to find out what he has to say...I know you have been suffering for so long with these types of pains. I pray that you will get some "pain relief", soon. Please continue to keep us updated!

Old 02-18-2008, 09:44 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Justoneofus HB User

Hi Tam.. Tam here! hahaha.

Ya know.. there's one pain in the arse in every family it seems. Ignore her! Seriously.. she isn't worth the time of day to even get stressed about. Actually laugh at her! Seriously.. it will deflate her so fast and render her completely ineffective and she will leave you alone.

I just wanted to pop in here to say hi and that I hope that your pain level is way down. All the best.

L5/S1 bulging @ 18, now 46; still there (but no pain)
Fusion at L4/L5 Apr -2006
Solidly Fused Nov-2006
A Success, but still improving!

Old 02-18-2008, 05:22 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

mcda HB User

Thank you so much, Tam1 (lol)...That is actually awesome advice! I have never thought about looking at "it" from that particular perspective. I will definitely try that and allow her to "diminish" from my mind. Thanks again!

Closed Thread