It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2008, 06:52 PM   #1
(female)

kkmom2 HB User
Hello all

Hello to all of you, I see we have alot of new people here and I wanted to say hello to you as well. I know it has been a long time since I logged in, but I have been very busy. Life is finally looking better for me. I remember around this time last year I could barely walk, had pain 10/10 with no relief, I never thought I would get any better. I was facing surgery for october of last year which I had refused.

The reason why I am writing is because I know some of you are going through some of the worse times in your life, but I want you to know you can make it through this, I did!! Now do not get me wrong the problems are still there, probally worse for all I know. I know one day I will need surgery, but I am waiting until it is absolutley necessary. I still have daily pain, but mentally I am able to deal with it. I am working full time again, back in school and even in a new and great relationship. I have been Blessed beyond anyways I could imagine. I still take the pain meds, but I try to limit it to motrin in the day and the norco and heavy stuff at night.

I really am trying to stay strong and positive about this whole back thing, because it was controlling my life. And to those of you who know me you know of all the hell I have been through. I just wanted to stop by and say hello, let you know I have not forgotten you and that you all continue in my prayers. I wanted you to hear a positive story this time........maybe a light at the end of the tunnel....smile You all take care and I will be checking in from time to time, I miss you so much, you guys are like a second family to me and the support was amazing. Thanks to all of you again, take care and may God Bless each and everyone of you.

Rachek

Last edited by kkmom2; 02-17-2008 at 06:54 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2008, 10:09 PM   #2
(female)

kkmom2 HB User
Wink Re: Hello all

Hey There Again, I Have Been In And Out Of The Boards. Well, I Found Out That Surgery Is My Only Option Now Asd I Have To Start Looking For A Surgeon. I Had A Flair Up Last Week Which Was Odd Becuase I Had Been Doing Well. So I Will Do Some Reading To Catch Up On Some Of Your Post. Take Care.

Old 02-23-2008, 11:50 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kyma3 HB User
Re: Hello all

KKMOM2-I just wanted to let you know that I am fairly new to this board but I lurked a long time so I do remember your posts from last year. I am so glad you are feeling better and it sounds like your life is getting on track. You will be in my prayers and well wishes.

Just to give you a short version of me: I had the Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (ALFI) on 1/29/08 and I was suppose to be finished up on 2/12/08 with the Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (PLIF) but I came down with an infection around my abdominal incision and it is being treated with antibiotics for 3 weeks.

I have been getting terrible spasms in my lower back and down my legs and nothing seems to help it. I have sit all day with a heating back behind me. I put my surgery off a long time. I was seeing my doctor for 2 neck surgeries, 1 elbow surgery and now the lower back. I also need to get an elbow surgery and surgery for carpal tunnel. He wanted to do the carpal tunnel and the elbow surgery first but my back had gotten so bad I could hardly stand for any length of time.

It has been nice talking with you.

Linda

Old 02-24-2008, 11:15 AM   #4
(female)

kkmom2 HB User

[QUOTE=kyma3;3455913]KKMOM2-I just wanted to let you know that I am fairly new to this board but I lurked a long time so I do remember your posts from last year. I am so glad you are feeling better and it sounds like your life is getting on track. You will be in my prayers and well wishes.

Just to give you a short version of me: I had the Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (ALFI) on 1/29/08 and I was suppose to be finished up on 2/12/08 with the Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (PLIF) but I came down with an infection around my abdominal incision and it is being treated with antibiotics for 3 weeks.

I have been getting terrible spasms in my lower back and down my legs and nothing seems to help it. I have sit all day with a heating back behind me. I put my surgery off a long time. I was seeing my doctor for 2 neck surgeries, 1 elbow surgery and now the lower back. I also need to get an elbow surgery and surgery for carpal tunnel. He wanted to do the carpal tunnel and the elbow surgery first but my back had gotten so bad I could hardly stand for any length of time.

It has been nice talking with you.

Linda[/QUOTE]
Hi Linda it is great to meet you. I am so sorry you have to go through all that with your back surgeries and other ones as well. I pray that the infection will be healed and that your next surgery will be a sucess. I am gald you remember me, I do not think any one else does because my name changed. But you, take care and thanks so much for responding.

Old 02-24-2008, 04:19 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

deb53 HB User

Hey KK,
Where have you been? Sounds like you were living life...doing great....until recently. What happened, did you hurt yourself or just one of those flare ups out of the blue? You have to have surgery again? Feel better girl and catch us up on your situation!

Deb

Closed Thread