It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2008, 12:33 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

Michael8466 HB User
New PM Dr. appt.

I finally got a hold of my attorney and got a date to see my new pm dr. I've been through most of the list these type of dr's. go through to try relieve the pain. What I want is a new mri, it's been almost a year since my last one. My back hurts more, my legs are feeling heavy and sometimes fall asleep. It's kind of feels like the first time when I got injured and nothing showed up on x-rays. That is why I want a new mri. Can a pm dr. get me another one even though this is a workcomp case. I know how frustrating workcomp can be, there such special people. What I really wanted was to see and orthopedic, but trying to get a hold of my lawyer is a job in itself I'll take what I can get and go from there.

Old 02-23-2008, 12:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

deb53 HB User
Re: New PM Dr. appt.

Hey Michael,
That's great, when is your appt? Yes, your PM can recommend another MRI and then W/C will have to approve it. Which doctor is calling the shots on your case, the surgeon? My surgeon is like the "head" doctor in my case and everything SORT OF goes through him. My W/C has not been bad at all.....the biggest complaint I have is that no one seems to be in charge and know the "whole story". I've seen 4 different doctors and no seems to have the entire picture. So I am attempting to be the "coordinator" for myself. Every state is a little different, what state are you in?
Good luck and I hope you feel better! Keep us posted.

Deb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2008, 09:47 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

Michael8466 HB User

Hi Deb, I have no one in charge. Workcomp took away my 2 treating dr.'s As for my surgeon, he gave me my films and told me not to come back unless I got real bad. I tried going to him again, but he was useless. He just said he would write a letter to workcomp asking them to let me see my pm dr. I don't believe he ever wrote them and I never went back. He is considered one of the best neuro's. He just said sometimes the procedure doesn't work. That would of been fine, but he didn't say anything about it getting worse.

Old 02-24-2008, 04:33 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

deb53 HB User

Duh..... it says right there you are from California....can only blame it on drugs.....sometimes it can actually be conveinent to blame a brain f--t on drugs!!! LOL
Sounds like you have had a rough time with W/C. When do you see the new PM? I hope you find some relief soon. Hang in there!

Deb

Closed Thread