It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2008, 05:09 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User
Deb53.........cymbalta

Hi Deb, I have not seen you posting so I hope you are at least reading. How is it going with reducing the cymbalta? Have you accomplished this?

I have been going down on mine and all I have to say is that once I am off this I will not go back. I have noticed since reducing the med, that I am not falling as much. Is there a correlation to this med...I am beginning to think so.

I am down to taking 1/2 of one capsule but by the time my med is due I am so dizzy.

Miss seeing you on the board.

PEpper

Old 04-15-2008, 03:03 PM   #2
(male)

randy71 HB User
Re: Deb53.........cymbalta

I'm sure I missed something but do you think cymbalta makes you fall? I'm on lots of med including cymbalta. I take 60 mg. I fell coming in my garage door this morning. I seem to fall in seasons. I'll be fine for several weeks and then have 3 or 4 episodes of falling> What makes you think its the cymbalta?

Randy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2008, 11:23 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User

When my PM Doc were looking for my "coctail" of meds, he mentioned to me that he does not want to put me on Cymbalta due to many side effects and the most importantly because people loose their balance very easily on it.
Since i have this problem to begin with due to the weakness in my legs and feet he decided not use Cymbalta on me.

I read on Internet about Cymbalta - complains from people who loose balance and fall using this medication.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:48 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Hi Randy, I am sorry it took me so long to respond to you. I am pretty sure cymbalta has been adding to my balance problems. Prior to starting cymbalta I was having some falling issues but since I started the cymbalta my falling issues have increased. Now that I have almost discontinued them, I am finding that my falling is decreasing.

Hope this helps you.

Old 04-17-2008, 06:56 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

deb53 HB User

Hi Pepper,
The Cymbalta definitely made me dizzy while I was on it. Coming off of it was even worse....if I turned my head I would stumble and fall. I would drift into the walls. Good luck coming off my friend. As you know the only way I could get off this stuff was to go on the Prozac and Cymbalta for 2 weeks, then just Prozac for 4 weeks and then off the Prozac. I am off of both drugs now and had no withdrawal once I was put on the Prozac. The psychiatrist that I went to (after 2 episodes of SEVERE withdrawal symptoms) said this drug and Effexor are very difficult drugs to wean from. I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am to FINALLY be off the Cymbalta. I would bet that your dizziness and falling episodes will decrease once you are off the Cymbalta. Let me know how you do Pepper. How are you otherwise? Any better? Are you going to add on a new first floor master bedroom suite? Miss you too......I've been a little busy but I'll update you all in the next few days.

Deb

Closed Thread