It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2008, 11:50 AM   #1
(female)

michelle112306 HB User
Question Leg shaking and back pain

Hi everyone,

I am an 18 year old with chronic back pain. In January I received steroid injections to help with the pain. They helped for a little while, then I took a fall off a horse right onto my back, and my pain level is right back to where it was. My main question is for the past year or so my right leg begins to shake uncontrollably when I am on my feet for a long time, after horseback riding, or when my back pain get to the extreme. It noticably shakes anywhere from 20 minutes to hours. While it is shaking I have a hard time putting weight on the heel of my right foot. I am incapable of making it stop shaking. Any ideas with what is going on? I can't get into the doctor for about a month. If it helps, I have degenerating discs, 4 bulging discs, my sacrum is fused on one side to my L5 vert., sacroiliac pain due to a hypermobile SI joint, and I have some arthritis in my lower back. I am on Ultram for the pain. Any suggestions would be very helpful. I'm just a little freaked out about it. Thanks!

Michelle

Old 07-24-2008, 01:32 PM   #2
(female)

5backsurgeries HB User
Re: Leg shaking and back pain

Michelle,
I'm new to posting and unfortunately old to the back problem game. I've been reading posts and yours was the first that I saw regarding "leg shaking." I had my fifth back surgery last month and have experienced uncontrolable leg shaking off and on throughout the 15+ years of back problems. Is there anyone else out there with lower back problems/surgeries that experience this? The last time I had them was while I was still in the hospital about two days post op. The nurses refused to increase my pain meds (even though the doctor had left orders that allowed for more pain meds). My leg began shaking and since there were no orders for meds to address this issue they had to contact the doctor before they could give me anything to stop the shaking. An hour later they gave me valuim through my IV and it stopped. I was pretty traumatized at that point though. Haven't had it since but I still would like to hear from people who have experienced it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread