It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2008, 07:26 AM   #1
(male)

Dink123 HB User
Question pain and numb right leg when laying or sleeping in bed

Hi all my first time here.

If I lay flat on my back I get pain in the lower back and my right leg will go numb and if I lay on my tummy it hurts me lots too. I have had it for a good few years and its seems to be getting worse, told my doc a long time ago to and he has done nothing for me. but he has sent me to a consultant for me to have surgery on my right knee, very worried now because I will have to be on my back for the op and its going to hurt my back together with the numb right thigh. Can any tell me if they know what it could be as my right leg will go numb in bed when lying on my right side to and it starting to get to me as I end up waking up most nights.

Thanks all hope to here from you soon sorry to go on and on.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:31 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User
Re: pain and numb right leg when laying or sleeping in bed

You might try laying on your back and putting 2 pillows under your knees or lying on your side with a pillow between your legs to see if that helps.

It sounds like it is time to have your leg checked out and that you are dealing with sciatica nerve problems.

Good luck and keep us posted. We care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2008, 11:38 AM   #3
(male)

Dink123 HB User

[QUOTE=123dietdrpepper;3558531]You might try laying on your back and putting 2 pillows under your knees or lying on your side with a pillow between your legs to see if that helps.

It sounds like it is time to have your leg checked out and that you are dealing with sciatica nerve problems.

Good luck and keep us posted. We care. [/QUOTE]

Thanks 123dietdrpepper
for getting back to me on this will have to get this sorted soon painful day.

I will keep u informed.

Old 05-06-2008, 02:33 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User

Dink,
I had 2 spinal fusion and I am awaiting to heal and than I need another knee surgery (I had 2 previously).
The reason I am telling you this is: they usualy don't do knees if they know your core (spine) is not doing good. My knee surgeon told me that even if they do knee surgery and it will be a sucsess, if I still have spinal problem my knees can go bad again due to weired walking and putting more pressure on them. When you have back pain usually most of us tend to walk in a funny way to protect our backs.
So I would definitely check my back first, find out what exactly is wrong and than fix your knees. What you describe can be spinal nerves related. I have my nerve pain in a legs and feet worse when I am in bed. Sometimes not, but most of the time same symptoms as well.

Best of luck to you

Closed Thread