It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2008, 06:10 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

gorgee HB User
pain in upper back, major pain when I take a deep breathe, help pls

I have had this problem for a week now, and I can not take it anymore, and I am hoping someone can help me. I finally made an appt for tomorrow morning with my doctor for OMT.

I am having back pain, sometimes moderate to severe, in my upper right side, by my shoulder blade, and when I take a deep breath, the pain can be severe, and it sometimes rotates around to the front of my body. It has not gotten better, and I am wondering what it could be. Is it another painful ailment of having fibromyalgia, or have I hurt my back. I feel I have hurt my back. I have been using heat and cold, and taking muscle relaxants to help.

Everyday I tell myself, I am going to rest, and I try my best, but I cannot continue to have this. It is bad enough to have fibro, myofascial pain, and tmjd, and suffer chronic pain everyday, but now to add horrible back pain?

Can anybody help me with what this might be, and what I should do? At least I made an appt for tomorrow.

Thank you

Kassandra

Old 06-03-2008, 02:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User
Re: pain in upper back, major pain when I take a deep breathe, help pls

Kass you may want to go read some of the threads by Sammy01 or do a note to her on the pain mgmt board. This sounds like what she is experiencing.

I am so sorry you are suffering so much. I understand the wrath of pain and feel for you. Make sure that you alert your doctor and give them very clear examples of how the pain is impacting you. Good luck.

Last edited by ms_west; 06-03-2008 at 02:31 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2008, 08:47 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

gorgee HB User

Thank you for responding. Stupid me, I made an appt yesterday, for me this morning, but my youngest is sick, and I cannot get my babysitter sick, so I cancelled. I should have gotten my husband up, and asked him to take me. I can't move now. It has been 1 week. When I got up this morning I was ok, and then I got moving a little and it hit me again.

I tried finding what you mentioned, but I did not find anything that might pertain to what I have. I will look again. Luckily, I do have an appt next week for a follow up from my trigger point injections, I had them last Friday, and I did mention my back to him on that day, and he tried a little omt, but it did nothing. I am going to rest today. It is raining here, and I can barely move. My spot today is with the heating pad.

Thank you again for responding.

Kassandra

Old 06-04-2008, 09:49 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Kass she is posting on the pain board. She is having some type of pain on breathing, shoulder, upper back, abdominal, rib problem. You might do a thread directly to her.

I am sorry you are in so much pain. It figures that you would cancel and then it would hit you again. I am praying for you.

Old 06-04-2008, 01:13 PM   #5
(male)

backpainer HB User

Might be a pinched nerve, I lifted weights for alot of years and what you describe is what I encoured over them years. It would eventually work itself out, funny how a nerve can be pressed in the back and you feel it in the front as well. Chiropracters are very helpful with pinched nerves, for mine anyways.

Closed Thread