It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2008, 08:04 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

tmv30 HB User
Better or Worse?

Well i thought everything was going fine cause all the pain went away in my legs at about 2 months after and i was doing pretty good. Now i am 4 months post op and the pain in legs is coming back. Not what it was before the surgery but i am hurting in lower back and legs.

Do you know if this will get better or worse with time?

Old 08-02-2008, 09:06 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kyma3 HB User
Re: Better or Worse?

tmv I am sorry about the pain you are having and I hope it is just a temporary pain. I am having a lot of weakness and pain in my lower back this past couple of weeks. I can't seem to stay up on my feet for very long without hurting. It sure hasn't helped matters either with the knee surgery. I have had a really bad couple of days with the leg swollen and TERRIBLE sharp stabbing pains in my leg. My leg is twice the normal size from the knee down. If this doesn't get better then I am going to call again on Monday and ask to be seen.

Do you also have weakness in your lower back? I will pray that your pain will get better and hopefully it is just one of those things that will happen now and then but I know how discouraging it is.

Take care and keep us informed.

Linda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2008, 09:15 PM   #3
(female)

kdk819 HB User

Hi tmvincent What a bummer! Did you do something that you shouldn't be doing? Or lift something too heavy? Also, given the time frame from your surgery, it could also be scar tissue, nerve pain. I hope not. Call your surgeon, don't wait on it. Are you taking Lyrica or Neurontin? Or has there been a change in your meds? Rest up. Feel better. Kathy

Old 08-03-2008, 01:30 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

tmv30 HB User

Thanks for the replys. We went crabbing yesterday and i ddi a little more than i used to so i am hoping it is just sorness. Last night i also noticed quit a bit of swelling in left leg also. I havent had a change of meds the dr is worried about addiction so he is just giving me toradol and flexeril. Man if i would not need it for pain i would have been addicted by now i have been on the meds for over 10 years on and off.

I was taking neurontin but when all the butt pain down the back of right leg when all that got better i was told i could stop the meds. I am going to call him monday cause i cant sleep at night at times the spasms have gotten so bad and the flexeril was good but no longer helping. My kids just laugh they think it is so funny watching different parts of my body just jumping.

I hope this will go away also but i was just wondering from others experience if theirs went away or stayed. I NEVER had anything after my first surgery maybe cause it was an insurance payout from a wreck so he just did what he ahd to.

Old 08-03-2008, 09:54 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

kyma3 HB User

tmv I hope you can find out something from your doctor tomorrow and also get some help with your medication. If you aren't sleeping well at night either then sometimes that can effect your pain too. Nerve pain is so bad so I hope you get some help soon.

Take care
Linda

Closed Thread