It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2008, 06:15 AM   #1
(female)

cyberv HB User
Back/hip & Shoulder connection

Lately I get up and my right hip/back hurts so badly I can hardly straighten up. It so painful I can barely make it through the work day. Last time this happened, a couple of weeks ago, I though I had also hurt my neck, right side towards the back. Well, last night my back/hip is hurting again and so is my neck. I have realized that it is tied in together. I don't know what is tarting it. Maybe my computer chair? I can't really go to the Dr at the moment. Does anyone know what would cause both of these areas to be tied together causing them to both be so painful?

Old 09-06-2008, 06:46 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User
Re: Back/hip & Shoulder connection

It's possible there could be some relation between all those areas. However, there are so many possibilities. The only way to try to find out would be to see a doctor, especially if it lasts more than 2 weeks, or keeps on coming back. It could be muscle related such as from strain or poor posture, but it could also be muscle spasms or even be related to some sort of autoimmune disease, infection, thyroid problems, different kinds of arthritis, etc.

How would you describe the pain? For example, is it dull, sharp, achy, crampy, shooting, electrical, toothache-like, stabbing, throbbing, etc...

You mentioned that it happened a couple weeks ago, did you hurt yourself somehow? Fall or lift something wrong, or even overdo something?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2008, 04:17 PM   #3
(female)

cyberv HB User

No...didn't hurt myself, though I do a lot of lifting animals at work. It's a dull, but hard pain. Makes it hard for me to straighten up all the way when I first stand. I will go to the Dr but I just can't now. I just spent a small fortune on extra mammograms because they thought they saw something on the first. I have insurance but still the co pays can be rough. My husband has a TBI and we have a lot of Dr bills as it is!

Thank you for answering me.

Old 09-06-2008, 04:43 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User

Yes, sorry, I do know exactly how it is with the medical bills! I'm dealing with that now myself. Well, it could be that you lifted wrong one day and if you keep doing it, it will keep aggravating whatever you strained or pulled or whatever happened. It might be spasms, as I know it's terrible to try to move with spasms. But spasms tell the body that something is wrong; so the muscles go into spasms as a protective mechanism to protect the area around it. That is why it hurts to move, b/c the spasms are telling you not to move. Sometimes you don't even know that you did something wrong. It could be just the slightest movement the wrong way and all of a sudden you are in pain. That has happened to me, too.

If you haven't yet...you might want to at least try to take some Ibuprofen or Aleve continuously as per their directions. Such as every 4 to 6 hours so that it builds up in your system. They are anti-inflammatories, so maybe they might help some. Also, you can try icing the area on & off, but that is usually best when pain first happens. One good thing (if it is spasms) to do is to put moist heat over the area. You can find moist heating pads in the drugstores or big chain store pharmacy sections. They also have over the counter stick on heat patches, or other stick on OTC pain patches you can try. Personally moist heat works best for me.

Old 09-07-2008, 06:31 AM   #5
(female)

cyberv HB User

I will try those. Thank you!

Closed Thread