It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2008, 10:46 AM   #1
(female)

bolton12345 HB User
Questions about back pain and talking to doctors

I have had problems with my back for several years.I have had 2 back surgerys that didnt help and seemed to have had made things worse.I have had several mris and it has been 3 years since my last one.Today I was at my monthly doctor visit and ask if they would do some tests on my back because I am getting worse,my leg hurts now as well as my heel and it burns terrlbly,I have tried insoles new shows,etc.They did an xray and they said it appears to be muscle spasms,I believe threre is alot more than that wrong with me.Does anyone else deal with this kind of pain?Do you feel like your doctor doesnt believe you?I stand for any length of time and it just sets my right foot a fire and can be either side of my back that hurts.In 03 and o4 I had surgery and it was a disc repair on my L-4 and 5.after surgery I got worse and worse.I tried to go to work in a factory last week,the job wasnt hard but I was in terrible pain and could not stand there and had to quit.Do any of you deal with this or have advice?

Old 11-07-2008, 11:58 AM   #2
(female)

happygirl440 HB User
Re: Questions about back pain and talking to doctors

You should ask your Dr about being refered to pain management.

Cindy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2008, 12:56 PM   #3
(male)

brodyg47 HB User
Re: Questions about back pain and talking to doctors

Hello Bolton,
I understand exactly how you feel ! I too have lower back ( right side ) pain , along with right leg severe stabbing, burning , numbness , electric shocks going on all the time . I had a lumbar laminectomy on April 4, 2008 , and at times I regret having it done . This was suppose to correct my problem , not add to it . I had Mri , Emg , Myelogram ( ouch ) , and my Neurosurgeon was pleased with all of these tests , but it did not show what is causing my pain , and numbness. He did an Anterior Cervical Disectomy with Hardware and fusion on my neck ( multi level ) and fixed it just great , but my back unfortunately not yet ! I go back to see him on Thursday the 14 , of Nov , and hopefully he will suggest something . I had pain management for both my neck , and back previous to my surgeries , but that did not help me . I am at a loss , and growing more, and more depressed daily ! The pain is extremely excruciating , but I have nothing to ease my pain , perhaps Thursday I will finally get some relief .

Closed Thread