It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2008, 04:46 PM   #1
(female)

lucybooz HB User
back problems connected to hip problems

i posted this on the hip website and got no replies. thought maybe someone on this (back) site might have some input:

hip problems connected to back problems?????
i will finally have my orthopedic appointment next friday. i've been told by a doctor i saw for my back that i probably need a hip replacement (from the x-rays he took). i decided to go back to the doctor who did my rotator surgery 2 years ago and my appointment will be next friday.

my question is this: can hip problems be related to back problems or vice/versa? i ask this because i do have chronic back problems, but the past several weeks i'm noticing extreme weakness in my lower back. sometimes there seems to be a tingling/numbness in the right leg as well. this is the side of the hip problem. sometimes it feels so weak and tired that i have to just stop and lean over or sit down and then go on. i'm a server (waitress) and although i only work 3 days/week, it is extremely uncomfortable.

i was just wondering if the 2 can be connected.

i've read that hip replacement can indeed help back problems. i'm so hoping that if i do need the surgery that this will be the case.

thanks in advance, lucy

Old 11-08-2008, 11:11 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

olddog66 HB User
Re: back problems connected to hip problems

Yes hip, and back problems can be related but not necessarily so, a lot of problems that are seen in peoples backs, and legs can be caused by the way people move or walk. If a persons gait is out of whack then that will add extra stress, and strain to a persons joints so if your hip is causing gait problems, and a replacement corrects this then there should be less strain on your back however the problems that are affecting your back could be many things, and a hip replacement that improves your gait may only partially improve your back at best.

All the best lucybooz

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread