It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2008, 04:25 PM   #1
(female)

Lilly66 HB User
Question Microdiscectomy and Pregnancy

Hi Spineys, I am 6 weeks pregnant and overjoyed, however am concerned for my back. I have had (2) micro-d surgeries in the past 3 years.

How was your back, during pregnancy, following back surgery?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2008, 07:09 AM   #2
(female)

10sox HB User
Re: Microdiscectomy and Pregnancy

Congrats on your pregnancy!

I had my first microdiscectomy when I was 19 weeks pregnant with my daughter. I went on to deliver a beautiful healthy daughter. I had no complications from the surgery and was even able to get an epidural. The anetheselogist (sp) did warn me that sometimes they are not able to perform the epidural, or it might not work due to previous back surgeries. My surgeries were on my L5-S1, so he did the epidural a little higher up on my spine than usual. It worked out great.

My back was ok for the first few months after delivery,but I started to have problems again shortly after. My disc did reherniate about one year later and I am now left with possible nerve damage.

My advice to you is STRETCH, STRETCH, and more stretching. I was not given much physical therapy during my care and I firmly believe that is a contributing factor to my pain now. I also had a 13 month at home when I had my first discectomy. So I was liftying TONS and was pregnant trying to heal a back surgery.

Talk to your back doctor and your OB about your concerns. Good luck and congrats again!

10sox

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread