It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2008, 09:55 AM   #1
(female)

leona07 HB User
Increased pain with discogram

Had mine done yesterday and I had misunderstood. I knew they were going to re-create my worst day ever and give me meds afterwards to handle it. Yes it was painful and they did pinpoint my problem, but what I thought was that the great pain killers would wear off and I'd be back at my level 7 everyday pain again which is tolerable to me to a point. Well, I don't like having to take medication, I like to be in control, but this morning was tearful. Come to find out I will be in this level 10+ pain for a few days until the dye that was injected into each disc goes away. The pressure is almost unbearable. The doctor informed me to stay on the meds around the clock for a few days and the more I walk around the better. After that, decrease the meds until I'm at my normal everyday pain before the procedure. Then I'll be taking my normal doses when I need them. Until surgery that is. Any advice for someone with a rare form of Spondylolethesis? With trouble at L5 and S1?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2008, 11:22 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

momzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB User
Re: i had a test done called a discogram

Hey Leona,
Welcome to the boards!

Drink as much water as you can to start flushing out those dyes! I know it hurts to get up and down-the same thing happened to me.
I will be praying for you!

Blessings,
Michelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2008, 06:44 PM   #3
(male)

dlpmx HB User
Re: Increased pain with discogram

I also had one done yesterday. I guess I'm lucky in that the Dr. put Me on a pain patch because the pills weren't working any more.You might ask your Dr. for more pain meds. Sorry to here your in more pain.

Dale

Old 11-12-2008, 10:05 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User

I had a lots of tests done, 2 major spinal fusions, but discogram is the worse test I ever had.
They say that worse your problems - more pain you are in after. So I was ready for this. It took me up to my surgery, 3 weeks, of agony after the discogram. I couldn't step on my legs to get to the bathroom that how painful this was.
Sciatica pain was worse than ever for 3 weeks.

So my heart goes out to you, sweet heart. I used a lots of ice: 20 minutes on, 20 off. PK and rest. Nothing else you can do at this point.

My friend had this done and he had not much pain at all after the discogram. But he also recieved good news that nothing serious is going on with his spine and no surgery needed.

Best of luck to you and speedy recovery!

Old 11-12-2008, 10:14 AM   #5
(female)

lynn1961 HB User

Oh geez......I really should NOT read these post LOL I am having a discogram nov. 26. I am nervous but it did help reading these post as to know what to expect. While being extremely nervous, I feel I must have this done as well. I hope all that is having this done, does well with it....

LYNN

Closed Thread