It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2008, 07:49 AM   #1
(male)

mikesspeedshop HB User
bad lower back

i just have alot of questions from the papers that my husband got from his mri. like limbar disc narrowing buldging disc, degenerative endplate. loss of signal in disc, disc desiccation and disc narrowing protrusion, or extrusion. broad based disc buldge. and it just goes on and on. can anyone give me the wife a little insight i would appreciate it.

Sandra

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2008, 09:57 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User
Re: bad lower back

I understand your fear, sweet heart. I would love to give you more information, but from what you posted I see only some problems which can be just age related, I am not a DR. to know for sure what is written at his MRI report.

Usually many issues we have in our bones are related to age (after age 25 we develop changes in our spine like DDD, stenosis, artrities and so on. Some people more than others). For example my husband had his first spinal MRI at age 40 and he had big bulges, tears and pretty big herniations, canal narrowing and so on. He is 56 now and still problems go on and off, but he is not required surgery for this since same problems may occur over and over.
I had 2 major spinal surgeries and now problems are still there and no garantees that I don't have more surgeries on a way. Since you had one spinal fusion - it opens the door for more especially if you have hardware inserted. Upper and lower levels may collapse due to "domino effect" which happened to me.

Usually most people prescribed PT, mild exsercises, swiming and so on. Only your DR can give you a professional advice what this all is about and how to take care of it.

Best of luck to you , guys.
Moldova

Last edited by Mod08; 11-13-2008 at 01:22 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread