It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2008, 12:23 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

libloom HB User
X-stop procedure for Stenosis

Hi.....

Has anyone here had the X-Stop procedure for Stenosis?

I've been diagnosed with fairly severe stenosis and arthritis in my spine and wondered if this is a reasonable option? I simply cannot walk any distance without a walker (or leaning on a shopping cart). Standing for any length of time is out of the question. The pain in my leg and the tingling/numbness in my foot is unreal. My doc has prescribed Lodine (not on it long enough to know that it's helping at all) and some PT (which I haven't schedule yet). I can also do the epidural injection when I decide.

There's a surgeon in my area who was active in the clinical trials of the X-stop and performs it regularly and, if I thought it would help, I'd bypass everything else and have the procedure done. I realize that surgery is always the last option....but just thought I'd ask if anyone had this particular procedure and, if so, has it helped.

Thanks much for reading and any response.....

Linda

Old 11-17-2008, 12:43 PM   #2
(female)

alpine HB User
Re: X-stop procedure for Stenosis

My husband works with a guy that had the x-stop procedure with great relief. I think he's pretty happy he had the surgery and he's in a lot less pain. Sorry I don't have more details.
Lisa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread