It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2008, 09:40 AM   #1
(male)

Cardinal55 HB User
Recent experience with Dr Anthony Yeung in Phoenix

I have just been referred to Dr. Yeung from my pain management Dr. I see some old posts concerning their experience. Like to hear more recent
stories. Have had 3 epidural injections and increasing pain in my leg with
each injection.

Old 11-24-2008, 02:32 PM   #2
(female)

ThreeBadDiscs HB User
Re: Recent experience with Dr Anthony Yeung in Phoenix

Hi there. I saw Dr. Yeung in July 2007 for a Selective Endoscopic Discectomy. Unfortunately, the procedure did not go well, but the doctor and the office staff and the whole environment were great. We traveled far (from Virginia), but it was worth it if the procedure could help. I had had a discogram before seeing him (with sedation), but he wanted to do his own, which I was fine with. Well, that was without sedation. Just letting you know that part ahead of time. The surgery went smoothly - I don't remember most of it - and recovery was pretty easy. I was VERY stiff for about 1 week, pretty stiff for the next week, and moving normally by week three. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2008, 05:15 PM   #3
(male)

Cardinal55 HB User

Just returned from my visit with his son. I am scheduled to have TLIF surgery on the 9th.

Old 02-26-2009, 07:10 PM   #4
(female)

merrygirl HB User

Hi. How did things go for you? Did Dr. Yeung Sr. or Jr. perform your surgery? Thankx

Old 03-24-2009, 01:47 PM   #5
(female)

merrygirl HB User

how are you now?

Old 03-31-2009, 10:30 AM   #6
(female)

dingding78 HB User

I'm from Phx as well and had a SED surgery but not by Dr. Yeung do to conflicting reports on his bedside manner and surgery outcomes. I actually had it from Dr. Steingart and it was a complete success. If you want a second opinion and a wonderful personality from your doc, I suggest Dr steingart, he's fabulous!

Old 04-28-2009, 12:17 PM   #7
(female)

merrygirl HB User
Lightbulb Re: Recent experience with Dr Anthony Yeung in Phoenix

I recently (2009) had SED by Dr. Anthony Yeung in Phoenix. Bedside manner? Bizarre, to say the least. Result? Fabulous--I have my life back and am beginning to forget what it was like to have back problems (1 herniated disc). If you want a great surgical result, he's the man.
The internet can be confusing. There are many others that copy Dr. Y's techniques, but are not bonafide. I went ahead with Dr. Yeung based on the strength of the recommendation of my doctor who had seen Dr. Yeung perform the technique.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:56 AM   #8
(male)

azmac54 HB User
Thumbs down Re: Recent experience with Dr Anthony Yeung in Phoenix

My experience with Dr. Anthony Yeung was a disaster. I had nagging sciatic nerve pain/ rt hip pain, and it only bothered me when lifting heavy objects. It was under control with celebrex. He looked at my mri and told me he could fix the problem completely. I went into the surgery with no pain ,and I came out of it disabled. Now I have severe pain in my lower back and hip and my right leg is burning all the way down to my ankle. I went back to him 3 times in pain and the last visit, he said I might have cancer, or the problem might be in my hip, and there was nothing more he could do for me. Now , I am out of work and in pain and unsure of what I will do- he crippled me and threw me under the bus!

Old 01-11-2010, 08:28 PM   #9
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User

I used the son for two cervical surgeries (2006 and 2008) and was happy with the outcome. When I returned in 2009 for lumbar problems I was somewhat brushed off. I have found a new orthopedic spine surgeon on the west side (surprisingly) that seems to listen far better. I'm having a L3-S1 fusion 2/3/10

Last edited by SpineAZ; 01-11-2010 at 08:32 PM.

Old 01-13-2010, 01:56 AM   #10
Inactive
(male)

murr3 HB User

Dr. Yeung and his young team are world't TOP when we are talking about endoscopic minimally-invasive spine surgery.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:47 AM   #11
(female)

merrygirl HB User

Did you have surgery with him? If so, what kind?

Old 01-14-2010, 02:20 PM   #12
Inactive
(male)

murr3 HB User

No, I did not.

But, my spine surgeon from Europe is educated by Dr. Yeung.

Also, I've read several scientific articles published by Dr. Yeung. He is really modern and qualified spine surgeon, especially with his Selective Endoscopic Discectomy method by his YESS (Yeung Endoscopic Spine System).

He is real minimally-invasive spine surgery leader.

Closed Thread