It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2008, 09:30 AM   #1
(male)

AbhishekPatel11 HB User
NucleoPlasy success Rate???????

Hey all - I am 27 year old male who loves to workout and lift weights. And lefting weights lead me to this back pain. I have been having this lower back pain for 6 years now. Finally I took MRI this year and found out that I have DISC HARNIATION between L4 and L5.

I went to chiropractor for 4 months and it hasn't done any good.
Finally saw Orthopedic Surgon and he suggested "NUCLEOPLASTY" procedure.

I don't know what to do? I don't know anyone who went to that procedure. What is the success rate? Should I go for it?

My lower back pain on the scale of 1 to 10 wih 10 being highest is 6.

I believe that I can live with lower back pain with rest of my life without any procedure.

Then again, I think that if nucleoplasty will slove the problem and bring me back to my normal back then I might as well go for it.

Please guide me. PLEASE

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2008, 06:01 PM   #2
(male)

picnica HB User
Re: NucleoPlasy success Rate???????

I've had nucleoplasty three times now, however They are normally with something. I have had 2 endoscopic discetomy with nucleoplasty and 1 endoscopic Foraminotomy/Discetomy with nucleoplasty. If your nerves are in the disc area(something the body does to heal itself) it's gonna be rough for a week or two. The long term there is no fluid from the center of the disc giving you great pain. So you will feel much better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread