It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2008, 03:46 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User
Discogram Aftermath

How long does this pain last afterwards?

Last edited by ms_west; 11-21-2008 at 03:47 AM.

Old 11-21-2008, 07:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

momzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB User
Re: Discogram Aftermath

Oh sweetie! Did you have to have one? Was I not paying attention to the other posts?I feel terrible for you!
Mine stayed till I had the surgery. I had my discogram on a Wednesday and the surgery the following Wednesday and stayed at a ten the whole time. I really pray yours doesn't last that long. Drink as much water or cranberry juice as you can to get that dye out of your system and keep the ice packs and pain meds coming!
One of our dear old family friends (I mean old! He's 83!), told me he did his thesis for his doctorate on the discogram-in 1953! It was a new procedure! I told him I just loved him a little less right then. He said they are certainly better now than before the CT scan. They used to have to roll them all over the place after on the table to get clear xray pictures after the dye was injected! ARGHHHHH!
I am praying for you!
Blessings,
Michelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2008, 09:06 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Thanks after all I have been thru. This is the absolute worst test. Sorry everyone but I have to be honest. It hurts!! They said I did really well except for when I hit the table with my fist and said a few pretty words.

I had two levels that look normal light up as pain generators. They are L3 and L4. So I will find out on Monday if this means my fusion will be extended from L3 to s1. He was also talking about fusing the si joint so this could be a rather interesting discussion on Monday.

I pray it does not last to my surgery because I don't have a date scheduled yet.

Old 11-21-2008, 11:52 AM   #4
(male)

Devon07 HB User

Wow drpepper.....sorry your having trouble.....My pain was very mild as you probably read but the worst of it was afterwards and it seemed to get worse the first two days then calm down quickly afterwards.....walking really helped! the more I laid the worse it got.....maybe walking for a bit will help....hot showers and ice......was helpful as well but I was no where near your pain level.

I hope you get better and your date is a quick one.....mine was over a month ahead of me and has been driving me nuts ever since!.....Dec 1st is still a long time for me.

Devon

Old 11-21-2008, 12:18 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Thanks Devon for responding. I pray this pain goes away soon. I have gotten up and tired to walk but to be honest everytime I go to lift my leg off the floor the pain searing thru my back, leg and foot are sky high. I almost want to drag my leg behind me because picking it up hurts. I guess I am being wimpy.

Last edited by ms_west; 11-21-2008 at 12:19 PM.

Old 11-21-2008, 05:27 PM   #6
(male)

Devon07 HB User

123dietdrpepper.....well that really sucks! I hope you get to the bottom of things fairly quick....sounds like your having some big problems....I feel like the wimp lol....just know your day is coming soon.....you must have some really big painful problems happening in that back of yours.

Devon

Old 11-21-2008, 07:09 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

megss HB User

Oh Dr. Pepper!

So sorry you are in so much pain. I am having this done on Dec 2nd. I also have no surgery date set yet and will not meet with my surgeon again until Dec 10.

I hope you feel better soon.

Old 11-21-2008, 08:41 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Megss, we are going to pray that yours goes smoothly and you don't have pain lingering afterwards. Just remember that each persons case is unique and different in complexity. Because one person reacts one way does not mean you will react the same. Also I had little meds on board when the procedure was done. I have read where other individuals are put out between levels or when the pain hurts -- they did not due this to me. On the flip side the procedure went quickly.

I also am going to say that the test is well worth the results. It definitely gives you confidence and your surgeon that they are working on the correct level and that the level they plan on operating is clearly your pain generator.

I think you have a wonderful surgeon who has your best interests at heart. Blessings to you and your family as you celebrate Thanksgiving.

Old 11-22-2008, 08:50 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

chatterboxsd HB User

Hey, Diet. I'm SO sorry to hear this test banged you up even more. I do hope it is worthwhile. I haven't had one. I just want to send you my very best wishes. As seems to be our course, I'm going through a round of diagnostics myself. I'm seeing an interventional radiologist for an injection at my original hardware because it looks like it's touching where the rib articulates. That would explain why the pain hasn't gone away after the revision and then the hardware removal of the revision hardware!

Oh, believe me, I'm hoping and praying you find some real, long-lasting relief PRONTO!

Big, caring, gentle hugs,
Margaret

Closed Thread