It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2008, 11:21 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

sophie56 HB User
Hard falls after back surgery please answer.

I had L5 S1 surgery 6 wks. ago. I took it very east did what the doctor said and had by check up WED. He gave me the ok to go to work Monday. I have been up and around the last couple of days. On Friday I was on the patio and tripped on the concrete hard but I fell forward and caught myself with hands and knees. Hurt like heck but at least it didn't hit on my back. I was some sore than actually hurting in back area. Tonight I stood on a stool to get something out of the cabinet. The stool fell out from under and I hit the ceramic floor hard right on my butt/back HARD. It it hurting. Not unbearable but pain I cried for 30 minutes. (I am 52 lol). I am worried . I did some damage. Do I call the doctor? Do I go back to him? Do I go back to work Monday? HELP I am scared I don't want to be a baby but I am hurting enough that I feel I need pain mecicine.
I don't want permanent damage. Has anyone ever fallen shortly after surgery. Any feed back you cand give me would be sooo appreciated.
Thank-you,
Sophie

Old 11-23-2008, 12:17 AM   #2
(male)

iaffcherry HB User
Re: Hard falls after back surgery please answer.

what kind of work do you do ? How is the pain now ?

Mike

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2008, 10:43 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

sophie56 HB User

I teach school. The pain in my back, lower left hip and upper left thigh is worse but not unbearable. I am sore from head to toe and seem to have lost some sense of balance. I am just so worried I've done some damaged to what was fixed in surgery. I am not asking for professional advice just your and anyone's opinion. Thank-you so much.
Sophie

Old 11-23-2008, 12:08 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

momzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB User

That soon after surgery I would have headed to the ER for xrays!

If you haven't been to your doc I would call him asap MOnday morning but I bet he will tell you the same thing!

Please rest up and ice your back down. You will probably have muscle spasms from both falls so I hope you were perscribed something for that.

Keep us posted!

Blessings,
Michelle

Old 11-23-2008, 01:31 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

BlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB User

Yes, absolutely call your doctor! Even if only for your peace of mind, you want to be sure you didn't do any damage. 6 weeks post op isn't very much. My doctor would yell at me if I did that and didn't call him!

I hope you're feeling a bit better. Like Michelle said, take it easy, use ice and/or heat, whichever works better for you, and try not to stress your back at all today.

Please let us know what the doctor says. And no more stools until you're completely healed!!!

Wishing you the best,
Emily

Old 11-23-2008, 04:37 PM   #6
(female)

laf761 HB User

Go to the ER or call your Dr.IMMEDIATELY.......don't want to scare you but you should really have a new x-ray to see if anything has shifted...you are still really recently out of surgery...

Hope you are feeling better soon..

Old 11-23-2008, 07:37 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB User

After taking two falls like that, I think I would postpone going back to work if you can. You really need to see your Doctor or go into emergency for tests. Sometimes or bodies don't even feel the affect of a fall right away, so definitely make arrangements for a substitute until you can make sure there wasn't any damage.

I hope all is well, but you can't be too safe!

You're in my thoughts!

~ Fiona Jo ~

Old 11-23-2008, 09:09 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

sophie56 HB User

Thanks to all. I am definitely scared. My husband did call my doctor. He was not on call so he had to talk to a doctor on call. The doctor said hopefully I was far enough out that I didn't do major damage. He told him to call my regular doctor first thing in the morning and that I would probably have to go in and let him have a look.
Please say a prayer for me I am so tired of hurting .
Good luck to all of you and thanks againl
Sophie

Closed Thread