It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2008, 03:58 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Magustuff HB User
Kyphoplasty after fall/still in PAIN!

Hi-
My poor hubby fell off a roof 11/9 and had Kyphoplasty 11/12.
He also has a shattered heel, so his progress will be a lot slower because he is limping around on crutches.
The doc said that DH had such strong and healthy bones, it was hard to insert the cannula, and that would account for more pain post surg.
He will need more surgery to reconstruct his foot.
Does everyone think this amount of post surg. pain is normal? Keep in mind he was in a severe fall and was fortunate NOT to break every bone in his body, and he is using crutches, etc.
I read on this site that most all of the patients who have the procedure are in almost no pain in two days, but won't that type of response depend on the cause of the injury as well?
Anyone have any experience with the Kyphoplasty aftrer a fall or accident? Anyone have experience with a lot of pain post surg.?
I apologize for any weird sentences, I am sooooooo tired!

Old 06-09-2010, 08:44 PM   #2
(male)

stateline HB User
Question Re: Kyphoplasty after fall/still in PAIN!

I'm going in this coming monday the 14th for kyphoplasty surgery.
I fell thru my attic and caused a compressed fracture of the l1 .
I am concerend about problems with the procedure.i have read a lot of bad things about it.any information you could give me would be great.thanks charlie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2010, 07:47 AM   #3
(female)

BrenCC HB User
Re: Kyphoplasty after fall/still in PAIN!

I am a 63 year old female and I had Kyphoplasty surgery a year ago and I am still having back pain. I had fallen and had a spinal fracture in the L3 area of my low back. I use heat daily and it does give me relief. I was told the surgery could cause the area above or below to fracture. Since the pain continued I had another MRI and it was normal. I was told I had inflammation and given Diclofen Pot 50mg. If I am sitting I am ok but if I do much walking I get back pain. I welcome any responses and am feeling like I will live the rest of my life in pain.
Still hopeful for a solution.
BrenCC

Old 08-09-2012, 05:22 PM   #4
(male)

ques19 HB User

[QUOTE=stateline;4263005]I'm going in this coming monday the 14th for kyphoplasty surgery.
I fell thru my attic and caused a compressed fracture of the l1 .
I am concerend about problems with the procedure.i have read a lot of bad things about it.any information you could give me would be great.thanks charlie[/QUOTE]

I also fell thru an attic and got a compression fracture to L2. How did the kyphoplasty turn out. Are you glad you did it? I'm scheduled for one next week, and I'm weighing the options. I'm not in much pain right now. The fall happened on June 20th, how long did you wait until kyphoplasty?? Thanks so much for reply.

Old 08-09-2012, 10:06 PM   #5
(male)

ques19 HB User

[QUOTE=Magustuff;3802586]
Hi-
My poor hubby fell off a roof 11/9 and had Kyphoplasty 11/12.
He also has a shattered heel, so his progress will be a lot slower because he is limping around on crutches.
The doc said that DH had such strong and healthy bones, it was hard to insert the cannula, and that would account for more pain post surg.
He will need more surgery to reconstruct his foot.
Does everyone think this amount of post surg. pain is normal? Keep in mind he was in a severe fall and was fortunate NOT to break every bone in his body, and he is using crutches, etc.
I read on this site that most all of the patients who have the procedure are in almost no pain in two days, but won't that type of response depend on the cause of the injury as well?
Anyone have any experience with the Kyphoplasty aftrer a fall or accident? Anyone have experience with a lot of pain post surg.?
I apologize for any weird sentences, I am sooooooo tired![/QUOTE]

Did he have the kyphoplasty? how is he doing now? I fell thru an attic on June 20th and am thinking of doing it. Would he recommend it? Any long term effects of the surgury?

Thanks

Old 08-09-2012, 10:20 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User

Welcome to the board. Please note that you are responding to a post that began in 2008. I don't know if any of these posters still look in on this board, or not. I just wanted to mention this incase you don't get any responses to your questions. I'm afraid I can't help you -- I've had three lumbar surgeries, but I don't know anything about kyphoplasty...but wish you good luck.

Closed Thread