It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2009, 11:45 PM   #1
(female)

NLena HB User
Question mystery heel pain following 2 level plif fusion

Hello there,
Has anyone experienced heel pain following plif fusion? I am nearly 9 weeks post op and although I have had this pain before the surgery and it had calmed down so to speak (meaning comes and goes) immediately following the fusion..I had hopes that it would just be gone with healing but seems to still be there. The surgeon had explained that there is a significant nerve there and may be involved with the L4 thru S1 paths that were being fused and might be alieviated (sp?)...seems I still have it. Does any one else have heel pain?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2009, 08:39 AM   #2
(female)

DAJ819 HB User
Re: mystery heel pain following 2 level plif fusion

I too am experiencing heel pain. I had a 2-level (L4/L5 S1) fusion done in March 2008 and am recovering from another surgery I had just last week involving removing a large cyst that developed post-op and replacing 2 of my screws.

What's going on with me is a flaring up of the nerves and it sounds like the same with you as well. I've learned from my dr., physical therapist and the very good people on these boards that the nerves take awhile to heal and settle down. I was prescribed Lyrica and then Neurontin for my nerve pain. I had problems with the Lyrica but the Neurontin did help, but it took awhile to get into my system.

Talk to your dr. he/she will probably want to prescribe something to help you with the heel pain. Do you also have pain in your feet/ankle or big toes? I do and it is all related to the nerves.

Take care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2009, 07:30 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User
Re: mystery heel pain following 2 level plif fusion

I too have heel pain. I didn't have a fusion though, just a laminectomy and disectomy L3-5
It is painful at night when I am laying in bed. 3 of my toes also go numb and hurt. Add bladder spasms and this is what I am dealing with. I had a nerve conduction test and it was normal.

Closed Thread