It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2009, 11:45 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

elle45 HB Userelle45 HB Userelle45 HB User
Back problems with tilted uterus

I have been reading old posts trying to figure out what is wrong with me.I came across a thread that said back pain can be caused by a tilted uterus. Can anyone verify this (LADY'S).

Old 01-27-2009, 02:26 PM   #2
(female)

10sox HB User
Re: Back problems with tilted uterus

None of my doctors have ever told me this, and I do have a tilted uterus. But then again, I never mentioned this fact to my back doctors because it never occurred to me to do so.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2009, 12:53 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

kera4 HB User

Hi! I do have a tilted uterus, but it was never mentioned by my doctors as causing my back pain. The only way I know I have a tilted uterus is because my obstetrician mentioned it when I gave birth. (I have bad arthritis in my lower back, sacroiliac joints and bulging disc). Who knows though, it could contribute to back pain. Take care, Kera4

Old 01-02-2010, 08:56 AM   #4
(male)

rengu HB User

hi, nw m in 4th month of pregnancy.as per doctor my utrus is tilted towards down.and doctor said after a month when the baby grow it will slightly go up.i want to know what r the things i have takecare of having safe pregnancy.please let me know as soon as possible

Old 01-02-2010, 01:46 PM   #5
(female)

safran HB User

Hi, I haven't been told that I have a tilted uterus, but I have a thickening of the uterine wall (not quite a fibroid) that causes increased pressure on the nerves in my back when it swells monthly and thus causes bad back pain - different from menstrual cramps completely. I can get electric shocks in my back, increased pain into my hip and legs and numbness at that time of the month. It is very frustrating because people always assume its just menstrual pain and its not - I can get that too; this is the nerve being pressed by the swelling uterus and it hurts A LOT. In fact I just posted a question about PMS because I sometimes get extra periods due to my teenage daughter's cycles and then I get that swing in my back pain along with it - sometimes 2 to 3 times a month. I have suffered from chronic back pain for over a decade so I know back pain when I get it.

Old 01-02-2010, 06:23 PM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User

A titled uterus can have a variety of symptoms including pain during intercourse, pain during periods, low back pain, UTI's, and infertility. However, there are some gynecological problems that can also manifest in back pain (i.e. endometriosis, pregnancy, pelvic inflammatory disease, etc) and well as non gynecological problems such as kidney disease or kidney infections which some people interpret as a back problem before figuring out it's kidney related. You can consult with your gynecologist first to rule out any gynecological conditions that could cause pain.

However you also need to see your primary care physician and discuss your pain. He/she may recommend x-rays and if needed a referral to an orthopedic spine surgeon or neurosurgeon if you need further evaluation.

Closed Thread