It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2009, 12:49 PM   #1
(female)

backissues01 HB User
Stress Fracture/Fracture in the L1 Pedicle

My daughter is a 17 year old softball player. In May of 2008 she fell in the equipment room at school and landed on her back. She had minor back pain through the summer and continue to play softball. When school started this year she was in off season lifting weights and fell to the ground in pain. I took her to a orthopedic doctor and he stated that he believed she had a lumbar strain. MRI showed no problems. She has been receiving treatment for four months now and doing crunches every day. The pain is still really bad and hurts every night. It wakes her up every night. We just had a Spect scan which showed

Old 04-17-2009, 04:59 PM   #2
(female)

ycook HB User
Re: Stress Fracture/Fracture in the L1 Pedicle

Hi please excuse me i could only read part of your problem but the thing that jumped out at me was the L1 Fracture. My Daughter is 13 and in Oct of 08 she also fractured her L1 & T12 vertibre, like your Daughter she did it during a PE lesson in school where she landed on the floor from a horse box during gymnastics. She was taken to our local Hospital and from there to a spinal unit where they kept her for two months on her back on a special bed that moves you from one side to another. After two months in Hospital she came home with a body brace on ( it was like a plaster cast ) which she had on for a further 6 weeks, we have been back to the Hospital for xrays and are going again on 28 April. At the moment she is doing really well except for some mild depresstion due to the fact she can`t do any sport ( she played hockey for the county and net ball ) from what i can make out the prognosis is good , she should be back on form in a couple of years but to a teenager that is a very long time. What i was wondering is has your Daughter had MRI`s and CT scans? like i said i could only read part of your thread. Best wishes to you both.
Yvonne

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread